New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    1.5E is pointless, get the Civic 1.8S.
    It becomes pointless if one doesn't have a budget to meet.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Go for the Altis 1.6, the looks of the Honda city alone is a big turn-off. Wag ka lang kumuha ng Altis na puno ng fake wood, nakakairita tingnan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mazingerZ View Post
    Go for the Altis 1.6, the looks of the Honda city alone is a big turn-off. Wag ka lang kumuha ng Altis na puno ng fake wood, nakakairita tingnan.
    So basically it's neither the City nor the Altis 1.6V. =P

Suggesting the Jazz or the Civic :P

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I was thinking of the same thing 1 month ago, yung nga lang (because of the budget), I was thinking between the Honda City 1.5E and the Corolla Altis 1.6G A/T lang. So basically its 810K vs 869K. Yung sau kasi sir medyo malayo yun kasi 950K ang 1.6V.

Anyway, I test drove each sa C5. Kasama ko misis ko at pinaupo ko sa likod. Sa Honda City 1.5E, matagtag. Nagreklamo misis ko. Isa pa, masikip sya. Pero Suwabe takbo and I like the padel shifters. Plus iPhone users kami ni misis, at ang HU ng City is meron nang pang iPhone.

Comfort-wise, sa test drive pa lang Altis hands down. Pati si misis na umupo sa likod comfortable. Mas tahimik din yung cabin. Mas maluwag, and better ang suspension (at least sa C5, hehehe). Yun nga lang, parang mas malakas humatak ang City 1.5E compared to the 1.6V (1.6V yung aking tinest drive. Wala daw 1.6G na test-drive unit e).

Today, its my 2nd week owning an Altis 1.6G A/T.

Suggestion ko sir: I-test drive mo (tutal comfort kamo ang number 1 criterion mo) . Pero sa comfort (for me), Altis ang nanalo. Di ko alam sa fuel consumption pero sabi sa gauge ko average ko was 8.0km/L.

re: cost of maintenance, I can speak between the 7th Gen Civic vs. 9th Gen Altis (ng father ko) parehong M/T. 10K PMS ng Civic ko, so medyo matipid ang Honda sa first 3-5 years. Sulit pa sa oras (kakatamad pabalik-balik sa PMS ng every 3 months no). Pero pag nagsimula nang masira ang underchassis, ang powerlocks, etc. Mas mahal ang piyesa and labor cost ng Honda (casa-to-casa comparison). For example, stabilizer link lang ni 7th Gen Civic ko was 2.6K di kasama labor (back then 2008). Sa tatay ko, 2.5K kasama ang labor. Pag sa banawe ka bumili ng piyesa, mas lalong talo ang Honda sa mura ng mga piyesa ni Toyota.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^^ congratz on the purchase. bigger (and heavier) vehicles tend to be more stable and rides better. BTW, I'm 9'th gen ZZ owner.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i think the sludging issue would really matter if you plan to keep the altis for a long long while. changing oil will be oftener because of this potential problem

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^OT: oftener?? More often is the proper English...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Grammar Nazi o

I'd choose the Altis because I am not a fan of subcompacts.

I got an Altis 2 months ago and my friend made the suggestion of getting a city as well. However my choice was between a Civic 1.8 S and an Altis 1.6 G (both mid category). I ended up getting an Altis because my Mom is a die hard Toyota fan. Civic is also more expensive by 100k.

I'm having several issues with my Altis but the Auto Climate feature makes up for it

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quintuple Post!??! Really sorry seems like there is a problem. When I click on the quick reply I'd get an error. Apparently the post still gets through.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 24th, 2010 at 03:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Actually, I am also having the same decision issues now. City 1.5E vs Altis 1.6G AT

I like the City over the Altis for the following reasons:
    - paddle shift option
    - complete safety features (disc brakes and dual airbags)
    - nearer to my budget of P800k

What I don't like about the City:
    - same FC from what I've read as the Altis 1.6
    - slim wheels (175 profile - sana kahit 185/60/15 man lang)
    - no security alarm and central door lock button

What I like of the Altis more than the City:
    - bigger body / bigger room / C-segment vs B-segment
    - LED tail lights
    - security system (speed sensing door locks is the best)
    - 60:40 fold down rear seats

What I don't like about the Altis:
    - drum brakes and single airbag
    - way over my budget.. though I can still stretch it (but I'm a more practical person so I can think of a lot of things where my P50k can go)
    - sludging problem. Means higher maintenance cost using fully-synthetic oil every 5k to prevent this from happening.

..I'm still thinking about what to choose.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda City 1.5E or Toyota Altis 1.6V