New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Mukhang alanganin pa sa budget and pag kumuha ako ng City CVT, ibig sabihin yan butas na ang bulsa LOL.

Ty sa inputs, keep it coming mga sir.
    TS if that's the case, go for the Vios 1.3E.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Since the 30k difference between the Vios and City matters to you, then just get the Vios. I came from driving much more powerful cars, but hindi naman ako nabibitin sa Vios 1.3E for normal driving.

And since we're working on a budget here, have you considered the Mirage GLS hatch? It's a smaller car than the Vios, but has more features, is more fuel efficient, and most importantly, is 90k cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hopefully they did repair the cvt but will you take the chance as a guinea pig?

I almost got a 3.5 vcm equipped accord. consumption was the key and performance/power/torque when needed was what i wanted till i searched for vcm problems.

excessive oil consumption, premature damage to engine supports (very pricey around 800-1000 dollars for each) spark plug fouling, excessive wear on piston rings. etc etc.

So from an 03 camry to another camry ang bagsak ko. Sayang features ng 3.5 accord. Unfortunately, what honda did was just extend the warranty period in other countries. Here I have no idea.

Honda settles class-action lawsuit over oil-burning V6s

sana dito din gawin yang 8 year unlimited warranty. Up to now the only thing they did to improve the engine is make it from 3-6 cylinders (3when on limp mode) to 3-4-6 ng 2010 iirc. But the problems that arose in the suit includes the 2012 and 13.

Tsk tsk.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Well your choice bro kung gusto mo magpakapraning. Basta the fact is that the new Earth Dreams CVT is completely different from the old City's CVT. It's been over 10 years since that CVT was first launched y'know.

And this is why I'd recommend the City E for the fuel-conscious car buyer who doesn't mind skipping on a few features but having a good engine and lots of space.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Toyota vios the best parin sir

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Hello, can someone teach me how to post a thread ? theirs no post/new thread button here can't find it can someone tell me how please

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Vios G is torquier than the City and of course the Vios E. Big help when climbing up Baguio. The City has more power but nasa top-end lahat so you have to rev more. Effectively the Vios feels more responsive. It's complete with all the features you'd expect at this price point, but then again the Vios E which is almost 100k cheaper has almost all the features already. Basically you're paying an additional 85k just for the better engine.

The City is the most fuel efficient with its CVT. Wag sana natin icompare yung CVT ng City sa ibang transmission ng Honda. Di porket nasira ang transmission ng Accord/Civic/CRV/old City mo, masisira na rin CVT ng City - it's an all new transmission that's in no way related to the faulty old CVT in the old City. However, its pretty bare - no fog lamps, bare audio system that looks out of place in the car's modern interior, no steering wheel audio controls, and so on. Some people can live without it naman so it depends if you want those features.

The Vios E AT is much cheaper than the rest, so even if mas malakas siya sa gas sa Vios G and City, you'll still end up spending less with it. Like I said above, it already has all the features you need. It's down on power vs the other two, but it's more than enough for a newbie driver even on Baguio's uphill - mafifeel mo lang that the engine has to work harder, but di ka naman mabibitin.

Personally I'd get a manual Vios E, but if you don't wanna drive stick, any of the 3 will do, depending on what you prioritize.

Interesting comment sir. Im actually looking at the city cvt and the 1.3 yaris a/t.(vios sib) will the city be more fuel effcient in city driving than the AT 1.3yaris/vios? fc is one of my main concern and im really leaning towards the yaris but if this is the case, i better think twice then. Any advice sirs? Thank you!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes, the City is more fuel efficient than the Vios/Yaris. Where a Yaris 1.3E AT would only do 8 km/L, a City 1.5 CVT could probably do 9-10 km/L.

But the Yaris E is cheaper than the base City E by 45k, so it'll take about 4-5 years of fuel savings before you even recoup the SRP difference of the City vs Yaris.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    my touchscreen hu na po ba mga Sir ung 2015 Vios?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ^^ yes. I think E and G models have touchscreen HU's

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast