New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I would like to seek for your help.

This is for traveling to and from work. and monthly going up and down in baguio city and maybe in our place in Pangasinan.

What should I choose? I havent seen the inside of the City 2014, but rode a Vios 2014 taxi.

Which is better?

Is the additional price of Vios 1.3 and 1.5 worth it? or is City better than the 1.3 or 1.5 of Vios?

Please help me. I am still starting to back read the threads.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Id choose the 1.5 vios pag may trip to baguio.

Ok din honda but the toyotas are bullet proof.

Honda's have some AT problems that need to be addressed. Hopefully ok na but why take the chance?

You also need to use honda fluids exclusively lalo na trans and power steering. Make a mistake in putting standard fluids and your transmission and ps is screwed.

Had first hand experience on ps of my wifes crv. Gas station boys will say top up natin ps fluid. Since wife doesnt know better she agrees. After sometime, hoses pumutok. She replaced the ps hose and nilagyan ng red ps fluid. After a few months the pump seals leaked. Which needed an overhaul. I then was consulted and i told mechanic to use honda ps fluid only. After awhile rack and pinion gave way. Tsk tsk.

Sa tyranny naman our accord was filled up with std atf. Nag shift shock. Tsk tsk. When i found out. I had it drained and replaced with Honda atf. Nawala ang shift shock. Though iba talaga ang smoothness ng toyota auto tranny. No shock at all. Comparing our accord to our Camry. Since then i only buy camrys for me. And any T for that matter. Though wife still likes her Honda crv
    Last edited by jasonub; January 8th, 2015 at 07:17 PM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    I would like to seek for your help.

This is for traveling to and from work. and monthly going up and down in baguio city and maybe in our place in Pangasinan.

What should I choose? I havent seen the inside of the City 2014, but rode a Vios 2014 taxi.

Which is better?

Is the additional price of Vios 1.3 and 1.5 worth it? or is City better than the 1.3 or 1.5 of Vios?

Please help me. I am still starting to back read the threads.

Thanks!
    TS May alloted budget ka ba? if its not an issue get the City preferably the VX variant

Same dilemma before, bought the City and i'm very happy and satisfied. :naughty2:

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    So this is one of the 'expensive maintenance' of honda.

thanks for the input sir.

baguhan lang ako sa sasakyan = no knowledge in cars and very new in driving. got my license two years ago pero didnt get the chance to drive any vehicle.

I think I need to re-enroll my self sa driving lessons.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    TS May alloted budget ka ba? if its not an issue get the City preferably the VX variant

Same dilemma before, bought the City and i'm very happy and satisfied. :naughty2:
    Hanggang CVT lang ang kaya sir

first car kasi and di naman ako masyadong marunong.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    City for me. Anyway san ka sa pangasinan?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    City for me. Anyway san ka sa pangasinan?
    Ano po ba difference nila? pag kasi sa brochure ko kinocompare masyadong technical at di ko maintindihan. baka po pwede niyo paki explain or kung ano lang yung significant na pagkakaiba nila

May kamag anak kami dun sa sta maria malapit sa tayug at SM Rosales.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by akosila View Post
    Ano po ba difference nila? pag kasi sa brochure ko kinocompare masyadong technical at di ko maintindihan. baka po pwede niyo paki explain or kung ano lang yung significant na pagkakaiba nila

May kamag anak kami dun sa sta maria malapit sa tayug at SM Rosales.
    For me mas ok ako sa city lalo na ung E variant kasi cvt na sya at naka 15 alloy wheels na. If ang purpose mo lang ay gamitin from point A to B, ok na yan. Ok na siguro ung issues nila sa CVT kasi hindi naman ibabalik ng honda ang CVT nila kung hindi ok. Tiga tayug ako sir eh. :D

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Vios G is torquier than the City and of course the Vios E. Big help when climbing up Baguio. The City has more power but nasa top-end lahat so you have to rev more. Effectively the Vios feels more responsive. It's complete with all the features you'd expect at this price point, but then again the Vios E which is almost 100k cheaper has almost all the features already. Basically you're paying an additional 85k just for the better engine.

The City is the most fuel efficient with its CVT. Wag sana natin icompare yung CVT ng City sa ibang transmission ng Honda. Di porket nasira ang transmission ng Accord/Civic/CRV/old City mo, masisira na rin CVT ng City - it's an all new transmission that's in no way related to the faulty old CVT in the old City. However, its pretty bare - no fog lamps, bare audio system that looks out of place in the car's modern interior, no steering wheel audio controls, and so on. Some people can live without it naman so it depends if you want those features.

The Vios E AT is much cheaper than the rest, so even if mas malakas siya sa gas sa Vios G and City, you'll still end up spending less with it. Like I said above, it already has all the features you need. It's down on power vs the other two, but it's more than enough for a newbie driver even on Baguio's uphill - mafifeel mo lang that the engine has to work harder, but di ka naman mabibitin.

Personally I'd get a manual Vios E, but if you don't wanna drive stick, any of the 3 will do, depending on what you prioritize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; January 8th, 2015 at 11:59 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by millean View Post
    For me mas ok ako sa city lalo na ung E variant kasi cvt na sya at naka 15 alloy wheels na. If ang purpose mo lang ay gamitin from point A to B, ok na yan. Ok na siguro ung issues nila sa CVT kasi hindi naman ibabalik ng honda ang CVT nila kung hindi ok. Tiga tayug ako sir eh. :D
    Ahh sa tayug ka lang pala. bihira lang kasi ako pumunta ng pangasinan eh.

Thanks PMjut703 for the input.

Mukhang alanganin pa sa budget and pag kumuha ako ng City CVT, ibig sabihin yan butas na ang bulsa LOL.

Ty sa inputs, keep it coming mga sir.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast