New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    feature wise - city
    fuel consumption - city

the lowest variant corolla ascent(sub-compact, size almost the same as vios) here in au has 1.8l engine (14+km/liter)...

ill bet malakas sa konsumo yung 1.6l altis

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks po pala sa mga nagbigay ng inputs.

Mazdamazda: may family na yung officemate ko.

Niky:I kinda agree with your point. sabi ng officemate ko babasahin niya itong thread na ito sa bahay nila.

Btw, sana may magpost po naman ng km/l ng city na CVT 1.5. medyo interested din ako sa performance ng CVT na tranny.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    for me corolla talaga, mas practical in the sense that it's bigger so it has more space and bigger seats which is important for a family man like myself, and it's safer too due to its bigger size. imagine mo pag nabangga, mas ok ang bigger car than a smaller one, lalo na papunta probinsya

yan din dilema ko before, honda city or corolla and we chose the more expensive 1.8E corolla and I'm really happy with my decision.... but it still depends on your budget but i'd go for the 1.6 corolla anytime

sa may family mas important ang comfortable, spacious and safe kahit may taxi, police kapareho

4. Heretic Guest
    Corolla.

I'll never understand the "it's being used as a taxi" response when going against choosing a particular car. In other countries, midsize sedans like the Camry, Sonata, heck even the Benz, are being used as taxis. Worrying about compact sedans like the Corolla and subcompacts like the Vios being used as taxis is just lame.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Heretic
    Corolla.

I'll never understand the "it's being used as a taxi" response when going against choosing a particular car. In other countries, midsize sedans like the Camry, Sonata, heck even the Benz, are being used as taxis. Worrying about compact sedans like the Corolla and subcompacts like the Vios being used as taxis is just lame.

exactly!!..i dont know why some people are pissed off when their car are used as a taxi..whats wrong with that?..dito nga Previa taxi eh..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's a negative perception that also has a practical slant. If your car is widely used as a taxi, it may cause problems when you're selling. But then again, since when has anyone had problems selling a secondhand Corolla? :lol:

*ozcity: The 1.6 gets pretty good gas consumption, all things considered. Definitely nowhere close to the City, but it's good.

*yaj: I just remembered, the Honda City has more cargo space than the Corolla. It's got a 500 liter trunk vs. the Corolla's 400 or so liter trunk. For comparison, the Camry's trunk is around 480 or so liters. That's also a practical consideration. Yun nga lang, the extra seating room in the back of the Corolla may make up for this deficit.
    Last edited by niky; January 19th, 2006 at 09:41 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Get the Corolla, trust me. That's coming from a City owner.

As for CVT it's great but if you're concerned about durability you might want to stay away from it because the durability is unknown.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    get the corolla. i feel that paying more than 750K for a subcompact city is too expensive already.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    noticeable ba talaga yung space difference ng ALtis sa City??..specially yung rear passenger seat space?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yup, I own an altis and my cousin has a city. mas magkadikit mga shoulders nyo sa front, sa back din noticable. especially on long drives or if full capacity ang passengers that will ride the car, you'll wish you had a bigger space like the corolla altis

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda city 1.5 cvt or Toyota Corolla 1.6E