New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi Sirs/Madam

What is the BEST choice in terms of fuel efficiency, looks/design and maintenance cost.

Im planning to keep the car for a minimum of 5 yrs to a max of 10 yrs so the resale value dont matter much. I'll just trade it in after around 8 70 10 yrs.

My route is from QC to Pasig passing along Edsa or C5 (to give you the idea of the traffic condition that Im encountering).

Actually its my first time to have an AT vehicle. Im used to driving MT since high school.

Please rate said vehicles from 1 (Poor) to 10 (Best) and post issues (positive/negative comments or observations (if u own one)) if there are.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    correction -> *8 to 10 yrs*

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The three brands/models you mentioned has been the staple discussion in almost all of the threads in here. I am quite positive that if you scan thru those threads, you may have a perspective on each models' pro's and con's. What ever car you will eventually decide upon, I hope it brings joy and satisfaction.

Goodluck

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might want to add the Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L into the discussion...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    with the traffic condition, vios ang panalo dito

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    with the traffic condition, vios ang panalo dito
    Thanks for the input sir. Do you mean that the vios is the best among the three when it comes to FC?

If yes, would you care to elaborate pls.

I Examined my colleague's Honda City 1.3 AT this morning. It reads that the FC of his ride is 7.8km/L. He's usual way is Kamuning to Pasig via EDSA and he usually begins his travel around 6-6:30AM,meaning it is not that severely congested (EDSA) yet.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    The three brands/models you mentioned has been the staple discussion in almost all of the threads in here. I am quite positive that if you scan thru those threads, you may have a perspective on each models' pro's and con's. What ever car you will eventually decide upon, I hope it brings joy and satisfaction.

Goodluck
    Thanks sir.

Actually I've been reading different threads concerning those brands but i personally think that giving them a head to toe comparison in one single thread discussion could trigger a more extensive assessment since the threads exclusively dedicated to each brand, more often than not, only limit their comments on the car brand that is being discussed.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I'd choose between the city and the vios. The city for looks and the vios for fuel efficiency. Hands down the vios is the most frugal among your choices but if looks would have more weight in deciding, you are better off with the city.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    Thanks for the input sir. Do you mean that the vios is the best among the three when it comes to FC?

If yes, would you care to elaborate pls.

I Examined my colleague's Honda City 1.3 AT this morning. It reads that the FC of his ride is 7.8km/L. He's usual way is Kamuning to Pasig via EDSA and he usually begins his travel around 6-6:30AM,meaning it is not that severely congested (EDSA) yet.
    yup. vios is the best pag FC ang usapan. mababa na ang 8-9km/li sa vios. hindi naman sila nagkakalayo with others, pero mas tipid pa rin to. read each thread here in tsikot. plus you plan to keep it around 8-10 years. parts and maintenance are cheaper than others

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Price notwithstanding, the City is the best car among the three for me. However, at 792k, I'd rather get a Fiesta 1.6 Trend or a Yaris 1.5G. Both look better and have more powerful engines. The Yaris is just about as fuel-efficient as the City, too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda City  1.3S AT OR Kia Rio 1.4 EX 4DR OR Toyota Vios 1.3G AT