New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hello guys! im new hir....help me nmn po magdecide tsaka tips na rin po..1st tym ko lang po kc magkaron ng brand new car...wt po b maganda bilin sa 2 and may alarm n po b yun at keyless entry n po b??tnx po

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Both uses the same 1.3 li engine. The City S is available in either manual or w/ automatic transmission. OTOH, City A is only available in manual trans.

If you drive a manual trans and want to save some money, the City A is quite adequate for everyday needs.

Their differences....

Feature//City S//City A

Front and Rear Mudguards//With// N/a
    Wheel type// Alloy//Steel Rim with hubcap
    Power door locks//With//N/a
    Inner door handle// Chrome//Interior color
    Rearview mirror//Day and Night//with
    Seat back pocket// Driver, Assistant//Assistant only
    Rear Seats//U.L.T. versatile seats w/ rear pillow type headrest//with fixed pillow headrest
    Speakers//4//2
    audio system//Fujitsu-10 CD Stereo//Pioneer Cassette
    Radio Antenna//Glass Laminated//Pillar-type

Price:

City 1.3 A MT PHP 572,000.00
    City 1.3 S MT PHP 618,000.00
    City 1.3 S CVT PHP 659,000.00

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    A difference of 46T in price between Type A & Type S. Are the additional amenities and features would really go up to 46T or even more if you opt to have it installed outside? Like the CD stereo & additional speakers, mud guards, power doorlocks, alloy wheels, etc (that can be procured/installed after market)?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    A difference of 46T in price between Type A & Type S. Are the additional amenities and features would really go up to 46T or even more if you opt to have it installed outside? Like the CD stereo & additional speakers, mud guards, power doorlocks, alloy wheels, etc (that can be procured/installed after market)?
    Its possible it would come out cheaper if those options you mentioned are acquired from outside CASA and those should at least be of the same quality as Honda's offering.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    But ULT seats and glass laminated radio antenna is only available from the factory. Does it mean that 46T difference is justifiable?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Again if ULT seats are important to the user/buyer then it is always best to pay a premium to have it. OTOH, if one can wait around for surplus ULT seats from totalled cars or even chop-chop (dont patronize that) and one can end up saving some money.

I dont see any reason to pay a premium for "glass laminated radio antenna" bec. it only looks good aesthetically (gives a clean and sleek roof line profile) but functionally, it still serves or performs similary to the manual pull-up antenna.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    those options you mention maybe cheaper when purchased and installed outside pero iba parin pag stock yun ng kotse mo .... iba parin if your car has all those amenities as stock kaysa sa kinalas pa etc etc .. pus 46t isnt that much of a difference din naman e ... if your about to spend 600k on a first car then make it worth while an worth it at least get the one with the power windows etc etc

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Glass-printed antenna... give me a good aerial anyday... my glass-printed antenna has weaker reception than my old power-aerial. Only glass-printed antenna I've seen worth a damn is the huge one (takes up the entire right-hand-side third row window) on the Fortuner... and that works because it's already high up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    mahal din ang bnew rims and tires kung gusto palitan yung steel rim ng 1.3A aabot din yun ng mga 25k kaya mura na rin yung additional 46k for the city 1.3S. imho!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi guys,

Also new here -- I am also considering to buy the 1.3S CVT variant around July this year. Do you think this one is bang-for-buck or should I go for the manual version instead? Actually concern ako sa fuel consumption and maintenance stuff after warranty, hehe! TIA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
honda city 1.3a or honda 1.3s?