New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    optra for me kasi i own one! hehehe...
    for looks optra talaga over city! no offense sa mga owner ng city pero hinde ko maiintindihan ang itsura ng city am pangit parang hide gawa ng honda ehh!

ride comfort naman halos pareho lang silang comfortable

gas consumption naman syempre lamang ang city kasi 1.3 at mas maliit ang kaha! pero ok din naman ang optra i get about 9km/l city driving ang 16km/l sa highway kahit naka 18" na rims ako rh syempre pag binalik ko sa stock na 15" mast tataas pa un!

overall optra talaga for me kasi halos 50k lang at difference nila(not sure) completo na optra with abs and airbag sa city naman wala sa 1.5 lang meron nun!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Optras are made at the GM-DAT plant in South Korea. Available in Daewoo, Suzuki, and Chevy flavors. hehehe.

The Optra is in the class above the City. It has a bigger engine (more power and more consumption) and is larger overall than the Honda.

Take your pick. I usually prefer the bigger vehicle.
    i think chevrolet optra is built at General Motor's (GM) factory in Rayong, Thailand...

Optra is engineered in Korea by Daewoo, which GM bought six years ago...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    just swallow the resale. ;)
    i'm wondering why always consider resale value of a car... are you going into buy and sell business? regardless of any type of vehicle you bought, rest assured once the car rolled outside the dealership expect a depreciation of 30% to 50%...

if you want to invest don't buy a car, buy a property instead...

i'm just voicing out my opinion... okay

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
    Before you buy a Honda City check out my thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=22878&page=1

You might want to think twice.

Optra is supposedly a gas guzzler but I really don't know since I never owned one.

In the same price range you could get a Suzuki APV 8-seater, Php 560k. Or you could wait for the Toyota Avanza, coming soon...
    all cars are gas guzzler regardless if its an optra or not... right now the new optra is more fuel efficient, and before you said anything bad against the car try to own one and experience it yourself...

with regards to what you mentioned Suzuki APV or Toyota Avanza, hello! they're not in the same category... kotse hanap ng tao hindi AUV...

again just voicing out my opinion... okay

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    my friend is trying to gt rid of his Chevrolet Optra. he wants to change it to Vios or maybe City. ang lakas daw uminom ng gasolina compared to his Revo Diesel.
    hanep naman ng comparison mo... may optra at adventure ako pero hindi ko sila ipagkumpara dahil hindi pareho ang engine displacement, iyun types ng fuel na ginagamit nila etc...

how can you possibly compare with those two... kung matakaw ang gasolina dalhin sa chevy service center, at pa reprogram ecu niya...

kung hindi makontento eh pakabit ng autogas... malamang mas mura ang halaga ng lpg kaysa diesel...

again and again just voicing out my opinion... okay

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    since korean naman yan optra mukang mas ok kaysa city kasi mas malaki.

the honda city is a good choice also bec. it's a honda.
    its made in thailand, same with honda... doon din galing...
    try doing a little research...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    chuaed kalma lang, inum muna ng tubig! hehehe....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    just opt for other models .. like a civic perhaps the base 1.8 is kinda cheap

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    its made in thailand, same with honda... doon din galing...
    try doing a little research...
    i stand corrected. thanks for the info.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    i'm wondering why always consider resale value of a car... are you going into buy and sell business? regardless of any type of vehicle you bought, rest assured once the car rolled outside the dealership expect a depreciation of 30% to 50%...

if you want to invest don't buy a car, buy a property instead...

i'm just voicing out my opinion... okay

actually it's simple economics lang naman. a used vehicle with higher resale value will yield lower additional investment on a new car.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda City 1.3 or Chevrolet Optra?