New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I'm planning to buy a car this October, which is better Honda City 1.3 or Chevrolet Optra? can you help me map out the pros and cons.

I prefer HOnda City over Vios ..I jus want to know the Honda City 1.3 compare with Chevrolet Optra 1.6.

Saan Made ang Chevrolet Optra 1.6?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Optras are made at the GM-DAT plant in South Korea. Available in Daewoo, Suzuki, and Chevy flavors. hehehe.

The Optra is in the class above the City. It has a bigger engine (more power and more consumption) and is larger overall than the Honda.

Take your pick. I usually prefer the bigger vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    IMO, if it's true that the gas guzzling issues are now solved with the reprogrammed ECUs, then i think the Optra 1.6L makes a good choice.

-bigger
    -more features (1.6LS)
    -more powerful engine

just swallow the resale. ;)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchok View Post
    I'm planning to buy a car this October, which is better Honda City 1.3 or Chevrolet Optra? can you help me map out the pros and cons.

I prefer HOnda City over Vios ..I jus want to know the Honda City 1.3 compare with Chevrolet Optra 1.6.

Saan Made ang Chevrolet Optra 1.6?

Thanks in advance.

Before you buy a Honda City check out my thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=22878&page=1

You might want to think twice.

Optra is supposedly a gas guzzler but I really don't know since I never owned one.

In the same price range you could get a Suzuki APV 8-seater, Php 560k. Or you could wait for the Toyota Avanza, coming soon...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    my friend is trying to gt rid of his Chevrolet Optra. he wants to change it to Vios or maybe City. ang lakas daw uminom ng gasolina compared to his Revo Diesel.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a first generation issue. He should have it brought to Chevrolet North Edsa first for evaluation before he sells it. Although some owners say there is no difference after the programming, those who are worst hit by the guzzling issue often see radical improvements.

Kawawa siya sa resale kung bigla nalang ibenta.

And of course, any gasoline car will cost more to fuel up than a diesel AUV. :lol:

The Optra has more elbow room, but the City is very roomy for four passengers. Kawawa lang yung middle passenger sa back seat sa City. And the City has a very large and useful trunk.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    since korean naman yan optra mukang mas ok kaysa city kasi mas malaki.

the honda city is a good choice also bec. it's a honda.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you value fuel economy, don't get the Optra. get a honda city CVT instead.
    sobra talaga gas guzzler ang optra. I drive one everyday. If i can only sell it, I would. Even with the reporgraming of the ECU, ganun din. I couldn't see a difference. The Honda city 1.3 I-DSi CVT is very fuel efficient but space may be a bit smaller compared to the Optra.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Get the Optra It's bigger. hehee

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir grabe gas guzzler ang optra nyan...

go city or Vios

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Honda City 1.3 or Chevrolet Optra?