New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    Should I also get the Everest Trend even though my brother just got one last December? Or it would be better to have 2 different PPVs in the family? In this case I might get the Montero, I just can't seem to justify the price of Fortuner with its current specs. Or Fortuner G is better than Montero GLS?

TIA
    How close are you with your brother? If you're really close na naghihiraman kayo ng gamit, i would choose different para maiba. Pero kung di rin kayo maghihiraman, ok lang same car. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Should I also get the Everest Trend even though my brother just got one last December? Or it would be better to have 2 different PPVs in the family? In this case I might get the Montero, I just can't seem to justify the price of Fortuner with its current specs. Or Fortuner G is better than Montero GLS?

TIA
    If you really like the Everest then I don't see why not. We have two Santa Fe's. Car suited our needs, its fuel efficient, fast and comfortable so when we needed another car we figured, why not? 😆

The Montero is worth considering though. Should be both faster and more fuel efficient than the Everest 2.2 what with the addition of 20bhp and 2 more cogs in the tranny.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016

TIA
    Test drive mo na lang both kasama family. Kung saan kayo comfortable dun kayo.

For FC, as per my opismate na naka monty. He gets 10km/L on his daily commute from las pinas to QC.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    My brother is in the province 9 to 10hrs travel from Metro Manila. I asked mrs she likes the fortuner than the montero. I guess will need to test drive everest and fortuner to make a decision. If only fortuner G had the safety features of everest trend maybe it would have been easy to decide. Thanks again on your inputs.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    My brother is in the province 9 to 10hrs travel from Metro Manila. I asked mrs she likes the fortuner than the montero. I guess will need to test drive everest and fortuner to make a decision. If only fortuner G had the safety features of everest trend maybe it would have been easy to decide. Thanks again on your inputs.
    I like the exterior and interior design too of fortuner. It all boils down to test drive, as 99% of time nasa loob ka ng oto at gamit mo. Mas maganda same day and location ung pag test drive mo para macompare mo sila talaga.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Toyota Fortuner is the 2nd top selling vehicle for 2016 next to Toyota Vios ... there must be a reason why people buy the Toyota Fortuner even if it has a stiffer ride than the others ... Toyota Fortuner even outsold the Toyota Innova ...
    The reason = maganda exterior fortu

Kung ganito itsura innova eh mahina talaga sales

Oh ito harap ng innova. Bagay lagyan ng kortina at venetian blinds.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just some rough computations since everyone throws around the phrase "mababawi mo rin yung extra for the SUV because it's diesel".

Assumptions:
    BRV city FC: 8 km/L
    PPV city FC: 9 km/L
    Diesel cost: P32/L
    Gas cost: P45/L
    Annual distance travelled: 15,000 km

BRV annual fuel cost: 84k
    PPV annual fuel cost: 53k
    Difference: 31k/yr

Price difference between BRV and mid-range PPV: approx. 450k. So, 450k divided by 31k per year?

It will take roughly 15 years to offset the price difference between a BRV and a mid-range PPV.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for this quick analysis. Then let's add the Maintenance costs pa and higher insurance cost(for a more expensive vehicle), the offset in price will take much longer pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Just some rough computations since everyone throws around the phrase "mababawi mo rin yung extra for the SUV because it's diesel".

Assumptions:
    BRV city FC: 8 km/L
    PPV city FC: 9 km/L
    Diesel cost: P32/L
    Gas cost: P45/L
    Annual distance travelled: 15,000 km

BRV annual fuel cost: 84k
    PPV annual fuel cost: 53k
    Difference: 31k/yr

Price difference between BRV and mid-range PPV: approx. 450k. So, 450k divided by 31k per year?

It will take roughly 15 years to offset the price difference between a BRV and a mid-range PPV.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Once the tax(adjustment)on diesels are imposed (supposedly) and add in the diesel maintenance cost ( ford says its 3x- 4x the cost per year?)

I'd like to see your analysis on that.

Im thinking gas innovas and brvs included in the frying pan(fray lol)

Paging Niky Tamayo 🤔
    Last edited by StockEngine; February 8th, 2017 at 04:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Fortuner na. Nasa budget naman.

G (diesel) variant kunin mo.
    Hi, would also like to seek advice regarding the same choices, below are my thoughts:

Situation: Current car, City, has 3 months baby that is why we are considering getting a new ride, it seems the city has not much room. Planning to keep the car for 8-10 yrs.

BRV - considering the S variant
    pros: easier to drive, stability control is standard, high chance that it is reliable (currently have a 2010 city and no issues)
    cons: gas is more expensive, has less space
    other: Savings in SRP can be used for fuel but I think space will be compromised as we have a 3 months old baby and when traveling car will be occupied by me, wife, yaya, baby in car seat, mother in law, stroller and diaper bag.

Innova - considering the E variant or should I go G (PPV price point)
    pros: diesel, space, based on what I read more comfortable than PPVs, easier to drive compared to PPVs? Toyota reliability? Toyota has cheapest maintenance cost among diesels?
    cons: maintenance cost of diesel engine (but savings in fuel can help), wifey is not sold on the looks, less features, no stability control (do we really need this for tall cars?)
    other: Is the issue regarding jerking already fixed on newer batches? Will I have a big adjustment coming from sedan?

Fortuner - considering the G variant
    pros: diesel; for me has the best looks, wifey also likes the looks, Toyota reliability? Toyota has cheapest maintenance cost among diesels?
    cons: matagtag (is this really night and day compared to city? or is it overrated?), maintenance cost of diesel engine (but savings in fuel can help), less features, no stability control (do we really need this for tall cars?), tires are more enpensive
    other: Is the issue regarding jerking already fixed on newer batches? Will I have a big adjustment coming from sedan?

Montero - considering the GLS variant
    pros: best speced engine, more features than Innova and Fortuner, from what I read it is the most comfortable PPV, easiest to drive among PPVs?
    cons: maintenance maybe is more expensive than toyota, rear and rear quater is not that appealing, no stability control (do we really need this for tall cars?), tires are more enpensive, reliability?
    other: is it reliable? family had the previous montero it seems that maintenance is expensive and after 5 yrs they sold it because of emerging issues, they had the GLS SE variant. Will I have a big adjustment coming from sedan?

Everest - considering the Trend variant
    pros: also has the most comfortable ride, best speced among the choices, has almost complete safety features, we like the looks
    cons: maintenance maybe is more expensive than toyota, tires are more expensive, reliability
    others: still not sold of having a Ford for long term ownership, my brother already have the same variant. Will I have a big adjustment coming from sedan?

Should I also consider CUVs or other PPVs? Max budget is 1.5M.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I would go for one of the entry level mid size SUV's since I usually go to rural areas like Mangagoy with rough roads and demanding hill climbs refering to my Cuevas-Bislig route. But for city use the BRV's due to it's car like handing and comfort seems appealing.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Honda BR-V vs entry-level mid-sized SUV (Everest/Fortuner/Montero/etc)