New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    galant for me in terms of looks. i've ridden on both cars but i don't want to compare the ride. pero for me, i favor more its interior lalo na pag beige than the accord. tsaka front ng galant looks more like the shark-inspired lancer ex ngayon, mukang dito nag originate kahit siguro hindi naman
    PERO
    ang taste ko sa muka ng accord ay at par lang sa galant. it's just that, yun nga, yung galant kasi mukang ex na ng onti kung pagagandahin mo. dun lang nanalo ng 0.01% ang galant sa looks department ko kesa sa accord

performance? i'd go for the accord. i do believe hindi v6 nasakyan kong galant and so goes on the accord pero the push is really something that i can notice. so accord gets my vote.

sa body size when looking from afar, the galant looks bigger than the accord though. something might be wrong with my eyes

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    8th generation galant won the japanese car of the year when the it was released (just forgot the released date) but you can search wikipedia about this. . . galant ako . . . why worry about fc - if u can afford to buy a car, then, kayang-kaya ang pang-gas, hehe! bad trip lang ang fc ng galant pag naipit ka sa heavy traffic. pero d best sya sa highway.

ok naman ang honda accord, i think almost the same lang naman ang ride comfort & FC nila. pero sa porma - galant talaga

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ It's not about being able to afford fuel. It's about being responsible. Like water. Just because you can easily open your faucet does not give you the right to open it and waste water. FC concerns is valid.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Galant VR shark, for me it's look better than the Accord. (medyo hawig na sila ng EX) classic nga lang tignan yung galant vr kesa sa Ex. Sa FC sabi ng tatay ko parehas lang daw uhaw sa gas yan. Comfort ganun din...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    But the engine used in the Galant here, the 163hp 2.5L 6A13, is said to be rather unrefined. And being a 2.5V6, I'm sure the FC is not good. If you're not after sportiness, I suggest the Cefiro for the luxury. Also, since the 2.0V6 is not as big, it should give better mileage than the Galant with minimal performance loss. If you are after the sportiness, then there's no other way to go than the Accord. I suggest you keep the exterior as is and mod the hell out of the engine for the sleeper look.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolHack View Post
    ^ It's not about being able to afford fuel. It's about being responsible. Like water. Just because you can easily open your faucet does not give you the right to open it and waste water. FC concerns is valid.
    ok. but we are not wasting fuel with our gas guzzler cars, we are consuming it. You're right, good factor din naman talaga ang FC in choosing a car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by galant E SS View Post
    why worry about fc - if u can afford to buy a car, then, kayang-kaya ang pang-gas, hehe!
    i have to totally disagree with this. no offense sir pero ang sama pakinggan. we should not live our daily lives with this kind of mentality. not all the times that a car is used, means we are not wasting gas. many people uses a car for luxury purposes lang and not for some simple driving to cruise around.

going back to the topic, i'm not sure but my friend (which is aware na malakas consumption ng makina niya) tells me na may katipiran naman din daw yung accord niya and almost close to some compact cars today which has a bad fc. forgot to ask for the figures for city and highway nga lang

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    why worry about fc - if u can afford to buy a car, then, kayang-kaya ang pang-gas, hehe!

- ok, for those who have adverse reaction about my opinion, then, i respect your opinions. what i mean about this is simple - although the gas prices are quite expensive nowadays, but you can put gas on your car worth P 500-1,000 only, depending how long is your trip.

in my case, my average gas consumption with my 1997 mitsu galant SS matic is P1,000 or less per week. short trips lang naman kasi. so, for me, gas consumption is not a big issue. 6 kms per liter ang average FC ng galant ko, city driving with aircon, stop and go traffic. mostly, only with 0-40 km/hour speed lang, bihira lang maka 40-80 km/hr. i used it daily. but when i used it from manila to pilar,sorsogon on sept. 2009, i spent about P2,500.00, while a friend of mine was spending about P 3,000, more or less, during that time with his toyota fortuner, diesel. matipid ang galant sa highway.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga sir, thanks sa inputs and I apologize dahil hindi naman talaga ako maxado familiar sa mga sasakyan. Ang experience ko lang is using Mazda Tribute (matic) and that is the reason why sobrang confused ako. Gusto ko ung power dahil (v6), safety and ung looks dahil medyo executive/sporty pero ang downside is ung FC pag traffic sobra. As in North to Makati balikan 500 or more.

I'm now considering Cefiro but quite worried sa FC parin. Anung year ba ung recommended niyo? Mga ilang kilometers per liter kaya ako abutin?

Mga sir, hirit sana ako, ok ba gawing option ang BMW 316i 1996?

Sobrang thanks sa tulong and sorry ulit kasi wala talaga ako maxado alam sa sasakyan.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Marami na ako nabasa about BMW 316i 1996 pangit daw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda Accord 2001 or Mit. Galant 2000?