New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    hi all, is there a difference between the honda city LXi from 1997 to 2003. I plan to buy a 2003 model at 335k, do you think its a good buy. please help, I need to decide soon. Also Im a first time driver and would go for fuel efficiency of city.

motioncars.com never mentioned any difference though.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    AFAIK, mostly cosmetic differences (ie. headlights, front grille, one-piece front and rear bumper; tail lamps, trunk, mags, etc.) . Honda also introduced a "VTi" variant which came with a 1.5li VTEC engine. Other available trims (from the cheapest) LX, LXi, EXi, etc...

2003 was the last year Honda released this model before the current City was introduced that year.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ic. the lxi Im checking is well maintained, but i dont realy find the lxi city that gwapo ... but where can my p335 budget go... much as i like the new city body, i cant find one that would fit my budget bhuhuhuhu. Im also considering nissan, I think for this amount I would go far bec resale value is low... but the nissan exalta is too big for me (i guess)..i saw an 02 sentra GS, ganda, but i find it very roomy for me - vertically challenged kase eh. help me decide what car to buy, i would go for the latest branded model my P335 budget can fit, but fuel efficiency and power features are considered also.... do you think a sentra GX is okay? thanks:drive1:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I drive a HOnda City TypeZ GL, and im very satisfied with it. I have all-power windows (front and rear), well the rest ako na nagdagdag (Alarm, central door lock, mags, Bosch Silverstar Halogen) my next project(s) : new steering wheel and leatherette seat cover. If fuel consumption is priority for you then, this baby will not disappoint. JUst dont expect power coz this doesnt have, but it can go 100 kph in the SLEX/Coastal RD if u wanna push it.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks sa info boss!!! can the lxi go well for long drive like say baguio or longer pa. I frequently visit santiago city and might use the car... otherwise, mostly city drive lang talaga

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think with Php 335K you should try settling for at least a '99-'00 Civic 1.6 VTi. The Civic is much more comfortable and powerful than a City. The only downside with both, are their pricey resale value, which is stubbornly high for a buyer looking to fit it into their budget.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    can the lxi go well for long drive like say baguio or longer pa. I frequently visit santiago city and might use the car...
    Sorry havent tried baguio.. tagaytay lang and tagaytay highlands (kaya nya yung matarik na exit) he he he ndi masyadong long drive ang tagaytay e. cant comment.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I think with Php 335K you should try settling for at least a '99-'00 Civic 1.6 VTi. The Civic is much more comfortable and powerful than a City. The only downside with both, are their pricey resale value, which is stubbornly high for a buyer looking to fit it into their budget.

i tried checking a civic vti, theres one selling his car ----bought and maintained at honda shaw, 75tkm at P300k flat... you think this is a good buy?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jesika View Post
    i tried checking a civic vti, theres one selling his car ----bought and maintained at honda shaw, 75tkm at P300k flat... you think this is a good buy?
    why not check tsikot car finder section? Lot's of direct sellers there and all are negotiable. It will also save you time 'coz they post pictures of the ride for sale.

if i have 300k i'd go for a brand new ride. Use it as down for a city and vios and pay the rest by installment. Or assume balance for a 2 year old car. Since you frequent Santiago City (i am from ilagan) better to have a reliable car.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for 335, medyo mataas ata ang price ng LXi... (correct me but I think dapat Vti na yan.)

history of City LXi make