New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Mga Sir,

I need your opinion here because im planning to buy pre owned vehicle for my business and here are my two options:

1998 tamaraw FX GL (top of the line): Php 165

and

1997 isuzu highlander SL (entre level): Php185

both are in good condition.

i hope you could shed some light, thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    FX ako. ToTL eh.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Tamaraw GL. Why would you buy something low end pag used (unless customizing is included on the costs) parang nanghinayang ka dun.

But it's just personal preference.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Isuzu ako because of is cheaper and more durable engine. Good for business IMO. Did you consider the L300?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Whoops. Sorry, didn't notice that it will be used for business purposes.

Either of the two would be okay. Get whichever will be cheaper & whichever is maintained well.

They've already proven their durability throughout the years anyways. The Toyota being used commonly as passenger vans & the Hi-lander being used as official services, business loads carrier etc. etc.

Both are relatively cheap to maintain, just do frequent oil changes ( scheduled oil changes .. ) & check-ups and it will be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Isuzu ako because of is cheaper and more durable engine. Good for business IMO. Did you consider the L300?
    Pwede. For hauling stuff ( FB ) or for hauling people ( VV )

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hilander. 2.5L direct injection 4JA1 engine, period. The FX has got no chance on this one.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Isuzu Highlander is a good choice, durable, tough, low maintenance and it is already proven and the matter that make it win in this comparison is "it is more fuel efficient than tamaraw FX"

just a reminder and question, yung tamaraw FX GL ba e yung gas variant yung 7k engine? naku brader, mag Isuzu ka na nga lang, gas guzzler yun, the diesel FX is a good one, like those FX taxi's roving in baguio city most of them are converted into a diesel engine, better to stay away in gas variant FX, yung kita mo baka sa fuel lang mapunta

another good suggestion, like what they said is the Mitsubishi L300 FB/VV. + for me.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    FX ako. ToTL eh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    TOTL? Pero 70s technology? Mga feature freaks talaga oh.
    Masabi lang na TOTL kotse ko eh.

Highlander for me. Kasi ka-engine niya pa rin ang Crosswind or Sportivo which is still being sold today. :D

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Isuzu Highlander.

two words: timing chain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Highlander SL vs. Tamaraw GL