New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ang pangit kasi sa super grandia, halos 2m na. Tapos ang kinaganda lang nya sa starex ay yung auto close ng sliding door. Wala nang iba. Yes, mas maluwag ang legroom 4 rows vs 4 rows ng starex. Pero dahil nasa ilalim naman ang makina. Which is truck like driving

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Japanese cars are usually supposed to be more expensive than Korean cars.

Why? reliability, resale value, maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by edricdude View Post
    Japanese cars are usually supposed to be more expensive than Korean cars.

Why? reliability, resale value, maintenance.
    Maintenance - no. Parehas lang yan. Pero kung sa casa ka papagawa, i'll agree. Toyota vs hyundai casa. Pero gray market kami e. Pinapadala ako ng oil so mura lang din

Reliability - depende sa maintenance yan. Basta ok maintenance mo it will be reliable

Resale - i agree with this

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    We maintain and repair our own cars because that is our business. mas mabilis ayusin at intindihin ang gawang hapon vs koreans. that's just my opinion. Same with reliability, 3 years onward usually naglalabasan ang sakit ng koreans KUNG MERON.

Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    Maintenance - no. Parehas lang yan. Pero kung sa casa ka papagawa, i'll agree. Toyota vs hyundai casa. Pero gray market kami e. Pinapadala ako ng oil so mura lang din

Reliability - depende sa maintenance yan. Basta ok maintenance mo it will be reliable

Resale - i agree with this

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    How many are you planning on seating most of the time? And who will be driving? I'd go with the Starex for comfort. You get better safety too with the engine in front instead of under the front row.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How many are you planning on seating most of the time? And who will be driving? I'd go with the Starex for comfort. You get better safety too with the engine in front instead of under the front row.

may driver hehehe. most of the time 4 ang sasakay. =)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ever considered the Carnival? Definitely a looker by anyone's books, even more civilized and powerful than the Starex, and has loads of room for 3 rows of seats.

I'd only go for the Hiace if I we're planning on making it a rental. Even then I'd actually consider it's much, much cheaper Foton clone with the Cummins engine which makes just as much power and with the ability to swap in original Toyota parts if needed. Hi Ace Super Grandia vs Starex (both current version)

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ever considered the Carnival? Definitely a looker by anyone's books, even more civilized and powerful than the Starex, and has loads of room for 3 rows of seats.

I'd only go for the Hiace if I we're planning on making it a rental. Even then I'd actually consider it's much, much cheaper Foton clone with the Cummins engine which makes just as much power and with the ability to swap in original Toyota parts if needed. Hi Ace Super Grandia vs Starex (both current version)

leg room not enough yung carnival e. =)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by azizfrost View Post
    leg room not enough yung carnival e. =)
    For 5 passengers? Oo medyo masikip kapag 11 seater. Pero napakaluwag if you're gonna reconfigure the seating. A relative has the 8 seater 2011 LX LWB, and the interior space is positively cavernous!

What sort of seating modification are you planning to do?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by edricdude View Post
    We maintain and repair our own cars because that is our business. mas mabilis ayusin at intindihin ang gawang hapon vs koreans. that's just my opinion. Same with reliability, 3 years onward usually naglalabasan ang sakit ng koreans KUNG MERON.
    Well. Kanya kanyang paniniwala. Kaya di matapos tapos ang labanan ng hiace and starex kasi may kanya kanyang pros and cons. Add ko rin pala na pag laging puno ang sakay, sa hiace na ko

Starex - comfortable ride, di pwede mabigat palagi

Hiace - mas matagtag, pwede mabigat

The problem with carnival is tapos na ata ang promo na 1.5m. Balik na sya sa 1.9m which is sobrang mahal. Smaller than hiace and starex tapos mas mahal pa. Kung talagang 1.5m lang sana srp nya ok sana

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast