Patulong po mga bosing sa pagpili ng kotse: Toyota 98 XE or Honda 1996 LXI

My budget is 200k

Ang mga hanap ko po ay Manual
    Cheaper parts accesories
    Fuel Efficiency at tsaka po reliability

Thanks In Advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Both cars are reliable and fuel efficient, but here are some differences you might want to consider:

CoRolla XE = 1.3 carburated engine (pls correct me if im wrong. not sure about the 98 model)
    Civic LXI = 1.5 fuel-injected engine

The Civic should be more fuel-efficient in both highway/city drivings.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I'd go for the Civic.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ano po ba ang kinapangit at kinaganda ng carburator engine?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    ano po ba ang kinapangit at kinaganda ng carburator engine?
    Kinaganda ng carburator type.
    1. madaling mag trouble shoot pag nasiraan ka. Gasolina at kuryente lang kung ayaw umandar makina.
    2. Less Maintanance.
    3. Mura ang piyesa.
    mas malakas ng konti sa gasolina kumpara sa EFI engine.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    civic lxi. safety lamang naman yung xe98 may 2 airbag na and alam ko all power na

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Corolla XE hands down.

Low cost and availability of parts? check. Thanks to the buying power of thousands of taxis, you can get cheap parts almost anywhere.

Fuel Efficiency? check. A good spraydown of carb cleaner down the throat once in a while is all you need to do. If my mom can clean carbs, so can you.

Reliability? Look at those taxis... literally held together by wire and duct tape... driven almost a hundred thousand kilometers in a month... yet still running. I've yet to see that level of durability in a Honda, because they're so babied and pampered. And when they break due to some engine code thingamajig, you have to bring them to the CASA, where you are at the mercy of the snooty-toot Service Advisor. With a Corolla XE you simply call your corner mechanic and buy parts at the corner auto supply store. And with the simplicity of its 2E engine, reliability is never an issue.

Accessories? Pareho madami sa Banawe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    wow maraming salamat po, kaso yung bibilhan ko na 98XE nag backout kaya hanap po ako ulit ng ibang kotse. salamat po ulit!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    wow maraming salamat po, kaso yung bibilhan ko na 98XE nag backout kaya hanap po ako ulit ng ibang kotse. salamat po ulit!
    ingat nalang sir kung hindi EFI yung engine ng kotse na kukunin nyo. There are some potential problems with carbureted motors and E10

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tanatej View Post
    Corolla XE hands down.

Low cost and availability of parts? check. Thanks to the buying power of thousands of taxis, you can get cheap parts almost anywhere.

Fuel Efficiency? check. A good spraydown of carb cleaner down the throat once in a while is all you need to do. If my mom can clean carbs, so can you.

Reliability? Look at those taxis... literally held together by wire and duct tape... driven almost a hundred thousand kilometers in a month... yet still running. I've yet to see that level of durability in a Honda, because they're so babied and pampered. And when they break due to some engine code thingamajig, you have to bring them to the CASA, where you are at the mercy of the snooty-toot Service Advisor. With a Corolla XE you simply call your corner mechanic and buy parts at the corner auto supply store. And with the simplicity of its 2E engine, reliability is never an issue.

Accessories? Pareho madami sa Banawe.

Amen! well said bro,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help: Toyota 98 XE or Honda 1996 LXI