New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    good day to every one. my wife and i decided to get a '08 toyota yaris (M/T) last month after spending our 5 year bf-gf relationship with a '02 toyota echo (A/T), and we fell in love with our new baby.
    until undesirable things happened...
    1. mahina ang aircon. mas malakas pa yun aircon ng echo.
    THEN
    namatayan kami ng aircon for a gruelling 3-hours in a middle of the day sa traffic ng aurora blvd. binalik ko sa toyota,and they said wiring lang.
    AND
    there's this unusual sound sa compressor or condenser (not sure) kapag nag-ON ang aircon. mdyo magaspang ang tunog,e. not sure if sa belt lang.
    with these flaws..

WILL I DEMAND/ASK my dealer to change whatever it is sa aircon features?
    2. yung tunog nya sa arangkada medyo hndi swabe. parang '93 or '94 corolla... is it normal for a new car esp sa yaris?
    thanks in advance for your expert opinions,mga bros/mares.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    You have to tell your the dealer to have to do everything to repair it. Downside, you will leave your car at the dealer for a few days for them to supposedly repair it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    tsk tsk tsk.... balik mo sa dealer. they should fix it asap kasi unacceptable ang aircon problem sa b/new unit. mukang palpak na ang quality assurance ng toyota ah.....

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    http://www.motioncars.com/views/edit...08.26.2008.htm

What’s more, the 1NZ-FE engine has developed a slipping belt. It makes itself known when starting the car from cold or sometimes when the air conditioning’s turned on. This indicates something with either the alternator belt or the air conditioning belt. A trip to 2 Toyota service centers thus far (Toyota Marikina and Toyota Shaw-Ortigas) didn’t solve the problem where bemused mechanics reckon the problem would just go away. It hasn’t. Whether or not the slipping belt contributed to the slipping mileage, we haven’t figured out.

Could you be experiencing the same problem?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    patay na lemon unit ang nakuha nyo..