New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga GSR gurus, help naman po to make descision on what should i pick between this GSR models. GSR 2001-2003(black / yellow ) or a GSR 97-99 tapos may kasama na brand new na raider r 150 na suzuki???
    based on your experience...handling,maintanance and every factor will count...which is which? or any other suggestion?any other better car?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sa car syempre mas maganda na yung newer model kasi upgraded version na ito ng previous model year, pero kung may kasamang Raider yung lumang version ng GSR, tapos mint condition pa why not diba? teka same price lang ba ang dalawang choices mo?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I personally liked the older model than the INVECS series GSR. Mas madami ka pede gawin sa luma kung pimp din paguusapan. or kahit simple pretty naman GSR. Kung may Suzuki Raider, hmmmmm. Go for the old, basta good condition.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005

old model

vs

new model

looks like this except that it has 4 wheel disc brakes, ABS, 4 speed manumatic INVECS-III transmission, power antenna (left rear side), 15' 5 spoke alloys, color coded stitchings on the leather covered door trims and leather seats and standard CD player.

i like it better than the older 97 model and raider combo. you can get fairly decent 2ndhand raider if you like for not quite big sum of money... but if you risk in getting an older model and a lemon at that. paktay na! mas marami ang ime-maintain sa kotse. i suggest you get the newer unless the older is in better shape.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The ABS and 4-wheel discs are the nice part... but INVECS... ugh. The later GSR is a nice cruiser, mind you, but INVECS is a bit costly to maintain (3 ECUs instead of one...) and replace ($$$) if it breaks. Acceleration is brisk... for an automatic... but not really exciting.

If the older model is MT and the engine sounds decent, go for it. Handling isn't any different between models, as far as I can tell, and isn't as good as the Lynx or the Civic VTi of the time. It's got a nice, supple suspension, though, and it's a good cruising car, if a little cramped in the back seat.

Is the Raider absolutely new or being sold by the owner as well? Or are you contemplating buying the older model and using the change to get the Raider? If your heart is set on the GSR, I doubt you'll be disappointed with the older one versus the newer one, and having a motorcycle for coding days would be nice.

Might make you feel bad, though, that the Raider is more exciting to drive than the GSR... ...that's a cracker of a bike, 11-12,000 rpm redline, 0-100 km/h in around 8 and a half seconds (have yet to test that... if anyone knows a way to stick a VBox to an underbone, I'm willing to try...), and a six-speed sequential... by the way, set aside money for a good helmet and some pads... you'll need it...

----

caveat: I like basti's idea about finding a secondhand Raider, too... while the older model doesn't have the electric starter, it's nearly the same in other respects, and quite a few people will be selling them with low mileage because they don't like kick-starting...

Anyway, the decision should come down to the condition of the Lancer unit you're looking at... if it's great, get it... if it sounds like crap and feels like a tin can going down the street... meh..
    Last edited by niky; October 6th, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    GSR hirap nyan lalo pag magsasakay sa likod or sasakay sa likod.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Unless you need an a/t, go for the older (m/t only) gsr. Just be patient to look for a well-maintained unit. The transmission would be less costly and easy to maintain as well.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    GSR hirap nyan lalo pag magsasakay sa likod or sasakay sa likod.

Hey did you notice that the choices are both 2 door? Comments like this should have kept inside your mind(aboutblank).

stick to the GSR 97-99 w/ raider r 150. 87-99 isnt that bad and a second hand raider would cost around 70-80k

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    benta mo yung raider para may pangmags at mod ka like engine or ice. just my two cents.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    mas ok sana kung yung 97 na GSR... Honda CBR ang kasama hehehe...

as opposed to Niky, i think the Lancers in general handles fairly well... better than Sentras and Corollas and about as agile and as willing as Civics. although it has slightly dead, numb steering. the chassis is really willing and really hugs the road. its multi-links at the back also provides good ride too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help po!!! GSR 97-99 w/ raider r 150 or 2001-2003 GSR mdl?