New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Fuel consumption is largely based on your driving habits. Besides, who the f buys chooses a car based on a difference of 1km/L on this category? Go take both of them for a test drive and you should know what you want naman eh. We can only do so much in recommendations but at the end of the day, you decide based on what you feel during your drive.

If we're basing this on those "practical" metrics, best go for an Altis nalang since it chumps out everybody when it comes to those (especially on the daily usage and cost-effective wise)

Right now, I feel the Civic's too handsomely priced to be of worthy mention. Same goes to the Mazda3. You can argue that they're practically new in the market but this isn't an excuse to jack the price up by a few hundred thousand compared to the previous generation. I'd rather get a GT-A with the huge discount and spend the other money on upgrades (or save them for a rainy day).

There's also that question why you're limiting your choices on these two vehicles. Seems to me that you're a college student who has well-endowed parents. In that case, why not look for other alternatives such as the Honda Jazz, The Hyundai Tucson, etc.

Then again, kung mga 1.3M budget mo.. give my non-Premium Sonata a look na rin

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mazda 3 2.0R
    A bit overpriced at 1.3M, but hella fun to drive.
    If you're going to spend P1.3M on a car, you would be better of spending it on a Mitsubishi ASX 2.0 GLS

It has the same mechanicals as the Lancer EX. A bit more space inside, better interiors, better ground clearance when needed, the flexibility of a rear hatch cargo area, GPS, touchscreen HU, smooth CVT tranny, paddleshifters, and goes/handles nearly as well as the Lancer too.

BTW, engine performance mods from the Lancer EX will fit on the ASX.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 2nd, 2012 at 10:16 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    1.8L naman yung Civic EXi.

Just to give you an idea, our current Civic FD 1.8L consumes 8-9km/L city driving. Manual pa yun, for the EXi, since it has an ECO meter.. it might give you around 8-9km/L also. Better than the EX which does around 6-7km/L on the usual driving, might reach 8km/L on a light foot. But then, who can be light-footed on a fun car like the Lancer? And the looks, compared to the Civic is just fantastic.
    Actually the Lancer EX can do 7-9km/L if you have a typical light foot in city driving and even get to 12km/L on the highway.

I get a 8.5km/L when driving like a maniac between Manila to Subic in just over an hour.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Just curious, how much is the standard discount on the Lancer EX GT-A right now?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hmm.. Focus TDCi?

I'd get the Lancer EX GT-A anytime

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hmm.. Focus TDCi?

wag mo na palituhin si TS. hahaha. okay na lancer!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Blue GT-A. No regrets

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Hmm.. Focus TDCi?

Sedan or hatch?

BTT: White GT-A. Pero IF Focus or Lancer, Focus na ako. Maiba lang. Lagi kasi kami mitsu e.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Kung isasama yung Focus, sa Focus ako. TDCi hatch syempre.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    TDCi in red please!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help! Newbie Here. 2012 Honda civic EXI vs 2012 Mitsubishi Lance EX GT-A