New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    simple na brand new like picanto or getz, or a used starex van.

naasar ako kasi ginagawang schoolbus yung kotse ko. hindi naman ako makahindi sa mga tao.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with basti08.

OR wait until the 2006 Civic arrives.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Medyo may edad na din kasi mga tao dito. hehehe.
    SPEAK FOR YOURSELF....
    Last edited by afrasay; January 23rd, 2006 at 10:56 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    base on my experience in ateneo... in your first two years... you dont need a FLASHY CAR... why?

here is the thing...

-your blockmates would use your car as 'school bus' (konti pa lang sa block may car) so out na ang swift...
    -you'll get the worst parkings... (actually lahat masama eh) since di mo pa tantsado parking, so dun ka sa maalikabok na parkings...
    -lagi ka masasabitan... trust me! since college parking yan... marami diyan hindi pa magaling magpark...
    -since nasa school laging nasasandalan ang car mo
    -lagi rin nagagasgasan dahil natatamaan ng bag ng katabing auto mo habang papasok siya ng pinto... unfair para sa mga taong di nagdadala ng bag...
    -lagi mababagsakan ng leaves ang car mo dahil ayaw mo magpark sa arawan... so nasisira yun paint...

flashy doesnt mean maporma... i advise you to get a BMW e36... sobrang porma but not flashy... hindi pa masakit kung nasasabitan nagagasgasan at naalikabukan... practical pero gwapo... P500Thou+ ang 99 below... or get the old body CRV... or you can just invest the money elsewhere... get the 99 civic muna then after two years but an evo, bimmer, or a benzo... hehehehe

nakawawa first car ko before sa akin... you should see the potholes and the mud at SEC parking... then you'll know what car you need... hehehhe

I also agree on this... May friend ako na expected naya na to sooo..may be get a 2nd hand MIT EVO 2door (para di marami maisakay) and a girlfriend para palosot na.. guys may susundoin pa ko eh or ihahatid.. para d malaspag un auto mo...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    SPEAK FOR YOURSELF....
    Opo itay

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahahaha!!!!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you really must get a new car, get a large one. i remember when i was a freshman in college i had my own car (hand-me-down din) but i preferred to use my mom's SUV (Montero) or minivan. ikaw kasi ang life of the party, hehe.

yes, i guess it's irritating to be the "school bus", and it's harder to drive a big vehicle if you're not an experienced driver yet, pero patok na patok ka for gimiks, out of town trips, and generally doing stupid/fun things after class. there's certainly plenty of opportunity to be around chicks...of course you never know if they like you or your car :evillaugh

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    wow 800k for a 17 yr old??? rich kid ka pala.

just buy a 2nd hand durable car. durable in terms of suspension, etc. kasi hindi talaga maiiwasan na gawing school bus yung oto mo. sayang lang kasi pag maganda yung oto mo tas masisira lang due to overloading. may kick back ka pa sa 800k pag old model binili mo. also, wag ka magtatampo if you feel na kaya lang sila (mga taong nakikisakay) friendly sa 'yo kasi may sasakyan ka. maraming tao na ganyan.

better yet...invest mo na lang sa negosyo yung pera...heheheh...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    remaining bnew stocks of Ford Lynx RS.
    I also agree with basti. :lol:

But I wouldn't wish the RS on a new driver. The clutch is not the most communicative, and you need some experience with it to be smooth... not something you want to think about in Ateneo traffic. It's a wonderful Tagaytay or Baguio car, though. Also, it's very painful to get dings and dents on something so pretty... *sigh*... just ask me... I have so many, I've stopped giving them names.

Actually, in your situation, the best bet would be to buy a new car for your mom or brother, and use the EK.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    use the civic and ask your parents to put the 800k in a time deposit, sure yan dami kang bangga and dents, sayang lang if you buy a new car bagong driver ka palang laspag agad yung bago mu, wait after driving for 2 years or exacto sa grad day mu then get your time deposit and get a new car plus you'd be mature enough to have a sense of value thus prolonging the life of your vehicle

sakin ganun nangyari kawawa first car ku, got it when i was still in high school ayun driver po aku ng bayan tapos puro bangga dahil baguhan pa magdrive

HELP Needed! Ideal car for a 17 year old...Adult Supervision needed!!!