New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    base on my experience in ateneo... in your first two years... you dont need a FLASHY CAR... why?

here is the thing...

-your blockmates would use your car as 'school bus' (konti pa lang sa block may car) so out na ang swift...
    -you'll get the worst parkings... (actually lahat masama eh) since di mo pa tantsado parking, so dun ka sa maalikabok na parkings...
    -lagi ka masasabitan... trust me! since college parking yan... marami diyan hindi pa magaling magpark...
    -since nasa school laging nasasandalan ang car mo
    -lagi rin nagagasgasan dahil natatamaan ng bag ng katabing auto mo habang papasok siya ng pinto... unfair para sa mga taong di nagdadala ng bag...
    -lagi mababagsakan ng leaves ang car mo dahil ayaw mo magpark sa arawan... so nasisira yun paint...

flashy doesnt mean maporma... i advise you to get a BMW e36... sobrang porma but not flashy... hindi pa masakit kung nasasabitan nagagasgasan at naalikabukan... practical pero gwapo... P500Thou+ ang 99 below... or get the old body CRV... or you can just invest the money elsewhere... get the 99 civic muna then after two years but an evo, bimmer, or a benzo... hehehehe

nakawawa first car ko before sa akin... you should see the potholes and the mud at SEC parking... then you'll know what car you need... hehehhe

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    always practice to park on masikip parking spaces! yun tipong lahat ng tao sa isang side lang baba... at sideways pa! hehehe

if maarte ka sa parking... there is always bellarmine! the best parking! parang nagpapaspa auto mo compared sa ibang parkingan...

pero actually nasa driver pa rin yan... pero take into account maraming hit and run sa parkingan...

good luck sa pagkuha mo ng car!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    always practice to park on masikip parking spaces! yun tipong lahat ng tao sa isang side lang baba... at sideways pa! hehehe
    I agree..Mas maganda nga kung luma muna tsikot mo huwag bago manghihinayang ka lang..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    by the looks of it, sa dami ng sasakyan nyo, manghiram ka na lang

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    base on my experience in ateneo... in your first two years... you dont need a FLASHY CAR... why?

here is the thing...

-your blockmates would use your car as 'school bus' (konti pa lang sa block may car) so out na ang swift...
    -you'll get the worst parkings... (actually lahat masama eh) since di mo pa tantsado parking, so dun ka sa maalikabok na parkings...
    -lagi ka masasabitan... trust me! since college parking yan... marami diyan hindi pa magaling magpark...
    -since nasa school laging nasasandalan ang car mo
    -lagi rin nagagasgasan dahil natatamaan ng bag ng katabing auto mo habang papasok siya ng pinto... unfair para sa mga taong di nagdadala ng bag...
    -lagi mababagsakan ng leaves ang car mo dahil ayaw mo magpark sa arawan... so nasisira yun paint...

flashy doesnt mean maporma... i advise you to get a BMW e36... sobrang porma but not flashy... hindi pa masakit kung nasasabitan nagagasgasan at naalikabukan... practical pero gwapo... P500Thou+ ang 99 below... or get the old body CRV... or you can just invest the money elsewhere... get the 99 civic muna then after two years but an evo, bimmer, or a benzo... hehehehe

nakawawa first car ko before sa akin... you should see the potholes and the mud at SEC parking... then you'll know what car you need... hehehhe
    Very true!!! Nung first and 2nd year ko, kotse ng bayan yung car na ginagamit ko. :D

Luckily i was blessed with Faculty PArking throughout my college years (thanks to my sister na teacher). Even if i had a good parking spot, my car was still filled with door dings, bag scratches, and it was backed into once by the time i graduated.

I'd go first with a practical car like an 1997-2002 model Corolla or Civic so you can still use it as a "war car". Pag nagasgas, okay lang, put 7 freshmen chicks inside, okay lang din. Park in the dusty and potholed SEC parking, okay lang... Just upgrade to a much nicer car that yo desire later on once you're more used to driving and youcan avoid the battle scars already.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    800k pala,was thinking about this while driving home...don't buy a car, buy a townhouse,save you alot of motel money...hehehe

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    800k pala,was thinking about this while driving home...don't buy a car, buy a townhouse,save you alot of motel money...hehehe
    OT
    I know you were just joking, but on a serious note, Php800K is not enough for a decent townhouse made by a good developer set in a good neighborhood in the Metro Manila area. You might need at least Php 6,000,000 and just for the smallest land area and floor area.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    :lol:

Use a not so new car first, then kung sanay ka na sa pagmamaneho and parking that's the time to get a new car.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hmmm... I'm exactly 17 and a college frosh at that. Preferred mode of transport? I walk. Other than that? Jeepney, bus, train.

-Cheap.
    -No need to worry about parking.
    -Cheap.
    -No need to worry about scratches.
    -Cheap.
    -No worrying about maintenance.
    -Cheap.
    -and so on...
    -Cheap.

Ang cheap ko noh? To be honest there's a '92 Charade in the garage, my mom and dad is actually worrying a lot more about my driving license more than I do. I just don't care, I guess.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001
    OT
    I know you were just joking, but on a serious note, Php800K is not enough for a decent townhouse made by a good developer set in a good neighborhood in the Metro Manila area. You might need at least Php 6,000,000 and just for the smallest land area and floor area.
    part joking lang. actually i reside in a townhouse my wife and i bought in the early '90s. one unit here is for sale last year for 900k. is it decent,yes. is it in a good neighborhood,yes. if i where a 17 yr old kid i would of course get a car too. btw, at that age i had a brasilia (volkswagen). kinda like a riding in a microwave with a lawnmower on the side. :D

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
HELP Needed! Ideal car for a 17 year old...Adult Supervision needed!!!