New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i lyk the new civic for its looks and its interior... the only downside is that there is just too many of them in the streets! damn....
    the mazda 6 looks great too and packed with features for its price...
    hmmmm so which of the two would you pick???

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Mazda6 because it's bigger and will have better interior space. Besides you really don't want to see yourself coming and going with every other car on the street.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's a no-brainer. Mazda 6.

Better styling, better engine, more fun to drive, no fussy dashboard that blocks your view, it's rare so it's special, etc., then again, it should be because it's almost 40% more expensive.

Talo ka lang sa resale/trade-in value and parts availability, and the ride is firm and road noise is high.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    tnx! uhmmmmm malakas ba talaga road noise? or reasonable naman? kung sa resale value naman wala naman ako balak benta within 4 years e. baka tumagal naman so wala problema sa resale value. hehehehe any other cars you might refer would be welcome! graduation gift kasi so ngaun palang naghahanap hanap na. budget is around 1.4m i think

oh and another thing ung road noise ba di kaya magawan ng paraan? lyk flashbanding doors ?? i heard it helps a lot... but then yung mga doors mo magtutunog masilya... am i ryt?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The road noise is only partially due to the sound insulation. Part of it is the tires. The Mazda6 comes with relatively sticky Bridgestone Potenza tires that prioritize grip more than silence... well, that is, if you get the 17" optional wheels. I'm not sure about the 16", but I think the 2.3 only comes with 17's anyway.

It's not really bad, as almost any car with sports tires will sound louder than a car on "comfort" tires. Plus it's comforting to people like me ("old school") who like to be able to "read the road" through our hands and feet.

It's definitely more fun to drive. The Civic might be just as quick or quicker, but the drive is disconnected. The steering is light and somewhat numb, and the suspension can feel a bit floaty. The Mazda6, on the other hand, feels well-connected to the road, and is a joy to drive up to Baguio or Tagaytay.

Of course, like mbt says, since the Mazda6 is much more expensive, you've got to expect it to be good.

Other options at 1.4m? The Focus 2.0 Sport (1.1m) is also a nice car to drive. Quieter on the road than the 6, and it feels very solid compared to the Civic. Has a little more understeer than the 6, but that's curable with good tires. Para kang naka-Audi for half the price. Big news is a possible 2.0 turbodiesel version later this year. Kinukulit ko pa ang sales manager ko for specifics. Ang alam lang nila, it's coming in, but pricing and scheduling isn't definite.

The Mazda3, nice, but if you can afford the 6... hehehe...

I think the Sonata is finally priced out of your range. Sayang. It doesn't drive as nicely as the Mazda6, but boy, is it fast... ...you can ask at Hyundai, though... you might get lucky.

The Subaru Legacy might just be out of your range. It's probably not as quick as the Mazda6, being AWD and just a 2.0, but it's also kind of exclusive, and cool looking. Don't expect resale value to be much better, though.

If you're willing to look at non-cars, the RAV4 4x2 starts at 1.425. Decent drive (considering it's a Toyota), good looks, lots of space compared to other CUVs. Rumor has it that the new CRV will be a direct competitor, but no one knows the models and pricing, yet.

The Hyundai Santa Fe starts at 1.5m, drives well (for a midsize SUV/CUV) and has a terrific turbodiesel. Oh, and it looks niiiice.
    Last edited by niky; January 15th, 2007 at 07:53 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    thanx for the inputs! i really appreciate it! the rav4 is definitely out of my list! my brother owns 1 so..... ayoko naman pareho kami! pero it is very nice to drive! definitely a good pick kaso ang haba ng pila! napilitan nga kami kumuha ng 4x4 dahil sa sobra haba ng pila... heheheh

yung focus naman pinsan ko ang meron... nakaset up na sa kanya hirap lumaban kasi mas marami syang pera hahahahaha
    pero maganda yung dating nya. angas!

but i think i'll stick to the 6!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    mazda 6 .... iba parin and ride and comfort space ng mid sized sedan plus sulit naman siya e

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mazda 6 will be perfect for you. The road noise isn't really objectionable, it's just that the car isn't as limousine-quiet as a Camry. If you're the type who wouldn't mind having a noisy sport muffler on your car or a lowered car, then you will NOT care a whiff about the road noise.

Forget about soundproofing and such, di mo na kailangan yan

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the Mazda6... try to arrange a test drive to get a feel for the unit.

The road noise is manageable IMO - almost at par with the gen2 Rav4 - even with those low-profile tires.

Though if you want a more comfortable steed, then I'd go for the Focus Sport 2.0L instead.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    on the topic, ill go for mazda6 anytime,anyday. but for your budget ,without the resale value issue, why don't you testdrive the subaru legacy. to me has the best interior in its class and AWD system, looks sporty plus the reliability ....im not sure if it has the SI control for sports mode and can make you go faster with the "boxer engine's grawl".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help me out here! mazda 6 or civic 2.0s-l!