New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hello mga sirs. we are selling our good old 02 camry. thought of replacing by the ff models (not ranked) and with my reasons din:

1 camry = we have a 2009 model, malaki ba difference ng new one?
    2.accord= parng wala pinagbago and may lalabas 2013?
    3.legacy= how is service ng subaru? mahal piyesa ba?
    4. teana= good v6 engine daw and highend model pero parang luma na din. may upcoming update ba?
    5.sonata= korean pero ganda ng reviews
    6. 2nd hard German car?

this car will be usually used by parents kaya comfort din important. paminsan driven ng driver pero pwde din ako gagamit. budget is around 2m pero if worth it we add more.

ano din pinaka practical? need thoughts or opinions. thank you!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Not in your list but since you mentioned you're willing to go beyond 2M you might want to take a look at the new Ford Explorer EcoBoost varian, it's aout 2.3M.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If it's something for your parents and your driver, definitely the new Camry. Your choice if you wanna go for the 2.5V or the 3.5Q, you didn't specify if any of you wanted the extra ~100 horsepower from the 3.5 V6.

The compact Germans are out if you want something comfort-oriented. The midsize Japs are more spacious, generally have more features, and are more geared towards people like your parents.

If you're not getting a V6 (i.e. 2.4L or 2.5L models lang tinitingnan mo), also consider the Sonata. Currently using one right now, and boy does it feel upscale. Kung gusto ng parents mo na hindi masyadong magmukhang losyang, get the more youthful Sonata over the Camry. I haven't tried the new Camry, but I've experienced the old one, and it's a really good executive car if you've got mellow tastes (i.e. tumatanda ka na). The new one though seems more robust, and even if I'm nowhere near the age of the target market of the Camry, I really like it.

If I had 2M though, Legacy GT ako, just because it drives better than all the other choices. Pero siyempre, hindi naman siguro driving experience priority ng parents mo, unless gusto nilang masaya si manong driver

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Not in your list but since you mentioned you're willing to go beyond 2M you might want to take a look at the new Ford Explorer EcoBoost varian, it's aout 2.3M.
    for 120k more you could get the limited which is much much better. so no not the ecoboost.

most comfortable would be the sonata or camry, most practical will be the camry. i'd get the legacy out of your choices if you want comfort and practical since the legacy is in between sports car and luxury car, not known for to be practical and comfortable.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcrunch View Post
    hello mga sirs. we are selling our good old 02 camry. thought of replacing by the ff models (not ranked) and with my reasons din:

1 camry = we have a 2009 model, malaki ba difference ng new one?
    2.accord= parng wala pinagbago and may lalabas 2013?
    3.legacy= how is service ng subaru? mahal piyesa ba?
    4. teana= good v6 engine daw and highend model pero parang luma na din. may upcoming update ba?
    5.sonata= korean pero ganda ng reviews
    6. 2nd hard German car?

this car will be usually used by parents kaya comfort din important. paminsan driven ng driver pero pwde din ako gagamit. budget is around 2m pero if worth it we add more.

ano din pinaka practical? need thoughts or opinions. thank you!
    Kung inline 4 ang kukunin mo, might as well get the Camry. Major differences between the old and the new would be the new 181hp engine along with the new design. Kung parents tapus driver, Camry talaga. But let them pick if they want the Camry or the Sonata Premium. The Accord V6 is a good choice if you will be driving often. And also since they are currently still importing CBU Japan units for this one, if I'm not mistaken. This one also has the best highway gas mileage thanks to the VCM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    For driver driven, Camry or Teana the best. But since the new Camry is out, might as well get it unless the promo discount of the outgoing Camry is still in effect. You can save around P150k to P200k. But like GTi said, let your parents choose also since they will be using it more often.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    if it's for your parents, i suppose the camry is still the best choice. pang de-driver talaga ang dating. i just don't like the fake wood panels (in any car). just makes everything look tacky. the teana is also good as a chauffeur driven ride. in some asian countries, i think the teana ranks best among the midsize cars. not so popular here lang because nmpi sucks ass.

if you want to get most out of your money, go get the sonata. it is very balanced and has really good features. it also looks the most youthful among the bunch (unless you include the mazda6 and subaru), but drives like an adult too. power is ample but not thrilling. enough for your parents to cruise in the back while having tea.

i think all the cars in this category are very good so it will all boil down to your preference in looks and pricing. for the purposes that you mentioned, you really can't go wrong with any of the choices. forget the european second hands at this price point if comfort is what you're after.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it's mainly driver-driven with your folks at the back, then I'd say the new Camry. Your older '09 model should still be very capable and
    comfortable, but then the new one should be all the more so.

My grandfolks have been on the fence on getting a new mid-sized ride. Their list is much shorter -- only a Camry (the outgoing model) and a Sonata. They've never pulled the trigger coz my '02 Camry is with them and they're comfortable with it. Plus it's liking the attention and relatively limited abuse, ever since I swapped it back home for a Grand Starex (my kids, you see). Hehe!

Might see them pulling the trigger on the new Camry. They have been impressed by the Sonata, but not enough to warrant a purchase.
    Last edited by IMm29; May 11th, 2012 at 08:09 AM.

help me decide. camry, accord, sonata, legacy and teana?