New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    With that price range, ill get an Altis CVT.

Luma na ang lancer, baka magkarefresh anytime soon. Kaya kung stick lang sa choices, VX+ na though I find it very expensive sa subcompact category. Altis will be a better car, IMO

dati kasi wala lcd ang lancer so nung makita ko ung lcd monitor then airbags meron para sa tuhod, at sa mga side curtains papuntang back seat, then 60:40 split back seat

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Medyo pricier ata yung Lancer GT-A compared sa other 2 options. If you have the budget for a GT-A, I'd look at other options like the Mazda3 2.0R or the Ford Focus 2.0 Titanium.
    pero hindi ba mahal sa maintenance cost and Mazda3,? tsaka maliit ung space sa loob compare to other class

Quote Originally Posted by robgowild View Post
    I'll get the Lancer EX GTA. Ganda ng porma and it also have CVT transmission with paddle shifters
    astig din kasi paddle shifters, as per reviews nga lng 2015 lancer medyo noisy daw sa loob pero di nmn ganon kalakas, tama lng. i like also the style that's why its on my list

If limited within the 3 options, I'd go with the Lancer GT-A.

Quote Originally Posted by rafmac View Post
    They are agressively discounting the Lancer GTA lumalabas na lang 990k
    yes i got an offer 42k Down then 23k monthly pero in-house financing, 956k finance/balance,
    and na discount ko sa down payment ay 197k, (anlaki)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    With the Mazda 3, maintenance for first 3 years is free. Parts and labor.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    With the Mazda 3, maintenance for first 3 years is free. Parts and labor.
    but how about the space of mazda 3 and the longetivity of repairs since its free?
    if mazda 3, what variant might be the best choice?
    is it roomier than the other 3?
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    None.

They're either too old or overpriced.

Agree with the Altis, Mazda 3, and if you prefer the Mitsubishi that badly, the ASX in GLX form
    When you say it old, what do you mean?, interior,exterior,performance,comfort?

for the lancer GT-A (TOTL) it has the CVT, and the rest of the variants, none.Does it makes a big difference than the older ones?

ASX has 2 forms, GLS & GSR.

I'm also looking on ASX when i went to mitsubishi motors,unfortunately they dont have the unit.

ASX is my best choice when it comes to AUV/SUV body type.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    given the choices. the city.
    but alternatives are the altis and the new mazda 3..... gandang ganda ako dito eh. hehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrino Philip View Post
    but how about the space of mazda 3 and the longetivity of repairs since its free?
    if mazda 3, what variant might be the best choice?
    is it roomier than the other 3?
    thanks.

When you say it old, what do you mean?, interior,exterior,performance,comfort?

for the lancer GT-A (TOTL) it has the CVT, and the rest of the variants, none.Does it makes a big difference than the older ones?

ASX has 2 forms, GLS & GSR.

I'm also looking on ASX when i went to mitsubishi motors,unfortunately they dont have the unit.

ASX is my best choice when it comes to AUV/SUV body type.
    The current generation of Lancers was released circa 2007, I believe, so that design is already nearing 8 years old. Mitsubishi simply injects new accessories into the shell to keep up with model changes in others. So whether it has those new toys you like, still it's encased in an old body.

The ASX, a compact SUV based on the Lancer platform is comparatively new, undergoing a revamp in design and features just a month ago. With better features at a much lower price, it really invites serious consideration as compared to the other new models just released like the Altis and the Mazda3.

In the end, it's your money. If the Lancer EX excites you, then go get it. We'll all be happy for you just the same.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Lancer EX GT-A is a steal if the rumors are true that it only costs 1M now after all the discounts.

You get a 2.0 engine and sharp chassis, with a great looking exterior (unlike the 1.6 that looks too bare and entry-level).

Newer cars like the City, Altis, and Mz3 have more toys but don't have the raw power that the Lancer offers.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Looking at the price range of the TS, siguro mga nasa 950-1M. Kung Mazda 3, then it's either the 1.5V Hatch or Sedan. If you can stretch it a bit, then the 2.0R is a better buy for me. Although kung confirmed nga na 990k na lang yung Lancer EX, then it's a steal talaga.

Yung next Lancer is rumored to be either co-developed or derived from an existing Renault vehicle, so eto na siguro yung last true Mitsubishi Lancer for a while.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    The current generation of Lancers was released circa 2007, I believe, so that design is already nearing 8 years old. Mitsubishi simply injects new accessories into the shell to keep up with model changes in others. So whether it has those new toys you like, still it's encased in an old body.

The ASX, a compact SUV based on the Lancer platform is comparatively new, undergoing a revamp in design and features just a month ago. With better features at a much lower price, it really invites serious consideration as compared to the other new models just released like the Altis and the Mazda3.

In the end, it's your money. If the Lancer EX excites you, then go get it. We'll all be happy for you just the same.

Very well understood what you mean.

Well seeing the comments/suggestions/watching videos/reviews really helps.
    Honda city is almost everywhere nowadays, which forced me to choose in between those rare ones.

Mentioning the Altis and Mazda3, did you already give them a test?
    Altis looks good as well,But then toyota i think has a least resistance,motoring-wise.
    Mazda3 havent seen in personal.

anyways, which one do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Lancer EX GT-A is a steal if the rumors are true that it only costs 1M now after all the discounts.

You get a 2.0 engine and sharp chassis, with a great looking exterior (unlike the 1.6 that looks too bare and entry-level).

Newer cars like the City, Altis, and Mz3 have more toys but don't have the raw power that the Lancer offers.
    yes, this is really true. well in between those, which one do you like the most?

Quote Originally Posted by germs View Post
    Looking at the price range of the TS, siguro mga nasa 950-1M. Kung Mazda 3, then it's either the 1.5V Hatch or Sedan. If you can stretch it a bit, then the 2.0R is a better buy for me. Although kung confirmed nga na 990k na lang yung Lancer EX, then it's a steal talaga.

Yung next Lancer is rumored to be either co-developed or derived from an existing Renault vehicle, so eto na siguro yung last true Mitsubishi Lancer for a while.
    Well, baka nga. ang hirap talga pumili haha. I think mazda 3 sedan is good, but im worried about its maintenance/service length. I heard it takes longer than normal. but dont know if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    given the choices. the city.
    but alternatives are the altis and the new mazda 3..... gandang ganda ako dito eh. hehehehe.
    yes, both are looks appealing to me. kaso walang back up camera haha.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrino Philip View Post
    yes i got an offer 42k Down then 23k monthly pero in-house financing, 956k finance/balance,
    and na discount ko sa down payment ay 197k, (anlaki)
    A few months ago, I also got the same offer for the Lancer GT-A. Also, I got similarly-priced offers for the Ford Focus 2.0 Sport and Kia Sportage 4x2 2.0L gas-model.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    A few months ago, I also got the same offer for the Lancer GT-A. Also, I got similarly-priced offers for the Ford Focus 2.0 Sport and Kia Sportage 4x2 2.0L gas-model.
    What did you choose then?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast