Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i am planning to buy a second hand civic. these are my options:
    civic 99/2000 vti
    civic 99/2000 lxi
    civic 99/2000 SiR
    pref: matic(tamad na magdrive)

ano po difference with regards to performance, specs etc. how does the gas mileage of these three compare? is there a significant difference with the gas consumption of SiR and Vti?what are the benefit or advantage of each to the other?what will i sacrifice if i dont buy the other?

car will be for family use only. preferd matic for long drives. consider gas consumption.

these are my queries. pls enlighten me and help me decide.
    thanks to all who will help and reply.

-erik

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For everyday commuting, a matic is hard to beat.

I've driven the LXi, VTi, and SiR. Frankly, for day in day out driving the difference in power is negligible.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Civic Sir, better resale value. although all Sir sold locally are manual. ride is stiffer, consumption a wee bit higher, but so is the fun factor once you rev it past 5K and it doesn't depreciate like a normal civic.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kung family use and auto preferred mo - choose between vti o lxi.

SiR comes in manual and stiffer suspension.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post
    Civic Sir, better resale value. although all Sir sold locally are manual. ride is stiffer, consumption a wee bit higher, but so is the fun factor once you rev it past 5K and it doesn't depreciate like a normal civic.
    sir, ano po numbers on the consumption?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    pag matic get the vti ....sir sana is the best choice pero yun nga it only comes in manual transmissions consimption siguro is in the 7km/l

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kerikzb View Post
    i am planning to buy a second hand civic. these are my options:
    civic 99/2000 vti
    civic 99/2000 lxi
    civic 99/2000 SiR
    pref: matic(tamad na magdrive)

ano po difference with regards to performance, specs etc. how does the gas mileage of these three compare? is there a significant difference with the gas consumption of SiR and Vti?what are the benefit or advantage of each to the other?what will i sacrifice if i dont buy the other?

car will be for family use only. preferd matic for long drives. consider gas consumption.

these are my queries. pls enlighten me and help me decide.
    thanks to all who will help and reply.

-erik
    The Civic SiR was only sold as a manual. Compared to the Vti, it's fuel consumption is not that different if driven conservatively.

Given the purpose, family use, you might want to consider the Civic VTi a/t.

The advantage of the LXi (available in automatic) is the slightly smaller non-vtec engine which does deliver good all around performance in typical city driving. Fully loaded, the LXi's smaller engine will find it hard to accelerate the car though.

The SIR might have more HP than the VTi but it lacks power below it's optimum power band. So you will need to rev it to 6000-8000 rpm before getting any VTEC power benefits.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo View Post
    pag matic get the vti ....sir sana is the best choice pero yun nga it only comes in manual transmissions consimption siguro is in the 7km/l
    wow..7km/l pla.. takaw naman ng SiR..

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    mag VTi ka na lang ,tapos bihisan mo na lang ng SiR, minus the rear disc brake and DOHC engine

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    SIR if you need speed and power on the open streets.
    Pero if ul use it as a daily commuter get the Vti.
    Performance and reliability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help me decide...2nd hand civics