New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Only the Isuzu RT-50 could come near its performance specs-wise.
    *Ry
    Uy di naman. Since we're talking about models that aren't even here yet..

http://www.navarav9x.co.za/news/Game_changer.pdf

Smooth V6 diesel with no balance shafts. I've driven a straight six Chevy Envoy and yes it was one of the smoothest engines I've seen.

But yeah since the new Ranger is coming in 2012 it looks to be the one to have next year.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011

And I bet that the Ford Ranger will benefit more from aftermarket tuning chips!

Only the Isuzu RT-50 could come near its performance specs-wise.
    Nope Boss Ry, the midsize 4-cylinder RT-50 will be stomped bigtime by this penta 3.2-litre Ranger guaranteed haha!

For a stock-trim, 180 metric-hp versus 200-metric-hp and 380 Nm torque versus 470 Nm torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *Ry

Smooth V6 diesel with no balance shafts. I've driven a straight six Chevy Envoy and yes it was one of the smoothest engines I've seen.
    It's really a game changer as the Australian intro price for this utility pickup is already in the order of Au$65,000 hehe

Napakamahal wika nga ng mga Australian reviewers that it's priced like a mid-luxury car.

Renault of France was really the brain behind the development of the 3.0-litre V6 Navara STX as Renault and Citroen were always known to be one of the best Euro car brands in the world. Some even say that they are 5-years ahead of their contemporaries. A lot in the cars of todays were actually adopted 5 years way ahead by Renault.

Kaya mahal na rin price ang 3.0-litre Navara dahil sa Renault ;)

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *Ry

But yeah since the new Ranger is coming in 2012 it looks to be the one to have next year.
    Kaso malabo yan dalhin dito eh, pricey masyado. hehe

Pero nakita ko na din yan, lakas din talaga.

* hinDMaxsiado: malayo nga sa specs pero baka in terms of sales eh lamang Isuzu due to Filipinos affinity with isuzu diesels.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    *hinDMaxsiado: malayo nga sa specs pero baka in terms of sales eh lamang Isuzu due to Filipinos affinity with isuzu diesels.

Ewan natin sir, maganda siguro yang new Ranger na yan and it will attract a lot of Pinoy attention. Besides, a lot of these companies in the diesel midsize segment
    (Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, Mitsubishi, and now VW with its Amarok) are SO MUCH into getting ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.

The Toyota (say for the Hilux) and the Isuzu (say the DMax) are arguably just like your ordinary traditionalist pickups that overall, are highly-dependable, reliable and durable. Perhaps the reason why the 3.0-litre Hilux is the most well-loved and best-selling pickup in the world is that a lot more people in the world are just traditionalist drivers/owners, where the function of being a highly-dependable utility pickup takes precedence more than anything else (say more power, more gizmos, and more blings, more modern-looking settings that go with a utility pickup)....

....Sa totoo lang naman sir madaming mapo-pormang pickup diyan pero HINDI naman UTILITY ang main function, kundi INUTILITY at pang-porma lang ....Sa kabila ng mga naglalakihang paper-specs numbers, pag-kinargahan mo naman yan at pinang-akyat mo na, ala naman palang binatbat, hirap na, malakas pa sa crudo hehe ;)

Kahit sana yung 2006 model DMax VGS Turbo 4JJ1-TCX (163 metric-hp, 360 Nm torque from 1800-2800 rpm) lang pumunta dito sa Pinas, not necessarily this 2012 RT-50, ok na ok na ko sir ---- ulam na rin yan sir para sa iilan....

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I had the chance before driving a 3.0 hilux for 2 days. My cousin let me use his truck while he was out of the country. What i dont like is the ride and the fuel consumption, with my line of business everythig counts alot and with a average 5 to 6 liter consumption is definitely not for me though i love the hauling capacity of the hilux. Hilux is the biggest bed space followed by the navara then the ranger. What i like about the navara is its 1 ton hauling capability and its height mainly bacause its easier to load and unload stuffs. In this present days, majority of the people buy pick up trucks for hauling purposes and pangtawid baha. Seldom do you see na people buying pick up trucks for its 4x4 capabilities thats why 4x2 sales is 3 to 4 times more compared to its 4x4 brothers.

Planning to get another pick up truck for myself by next year. After talking with a close friend of mine who owns several ford dealership in i got dissapointed with the figures. Though im dead set in getting myself a 4x4 pick up truck namely the all new ford ranger, according to him the price range will be roughly close to 1.8m. That really made me think again if i really do want this truck or not.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^there's another thread here where it was stated there that the All-New Ranger will be priced at 1.4M 4x4XLT model

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    That price for the manual daw. Normally for the manual and matic nasa 100 k differences lang dapat kaya doubtful rin ako sa price he was giving me

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    [B]
    ....Sa totoo lang naman sir madaming mapo-pormang pickup diyan pero HINDI naman UTILITY ang main function, kundi INUTILITY at pang-porma lang ....Sa kabila ng mga naglalakihang paper-specs numbers, pag-kinargahan mo naman yan at pinang-akyat mo na, ala naman palang binatbat, hirap na, malakas pa sa crudo hehe ;)
    LOL. Classy as ever.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^there's another thread here where it was stated there that the All-New Ranger will be priced at 1.4M 4x4XLT model
    Will that be sir the 2.2-litre or the straight-penta 3.2-litre Ranger?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Sir AKI125, you may suggest a diesel-EFi tuning kit to your cousin if he's having issues with his fuel consumptions with the Hilux 3.0 D4-D.

i installed a Racechip Pro into my 4x2 manual-tranny DMax 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ and my Metro-Manila driving fuel mileage improved sizeably from 10.5 km per litre to 13.4 km per litre at my current lower-low combination B-E dial settings. B as my power distribution cut-off along the rev-range, while E as my power-incrementing dial.

The Racechip Pro comes with a two-16 notch dials where the highest combo is at the numerical 7-7 setting. i'm just at the moment within the alphabet-notches and indicatively i have already gained 26.5% more hp at the wheel and roughly 21.5% more torque at the wheel on top of the increased fuel-efficiency.

One Toyota Fortuner 3.0 D4-D is actually set-up at a max 7-7 without any limp-mode. Might be worthwhile for your cousin to know about the Racechip Pro. He may always look for fellow forumer Jedi of tsikot.com for enquiry about the chip. Goodluck on your cousin sir!

In another topic, below is an exerpt taken from an Australian 4x4 offroad diesel pickup shootout. In here you would see the indicative fuel consumption of each pickup at full 4x4 mode and their carbon dioxide emission levels. The Ford Ranger tested here is still the current Ranger 3.0 XLT just like the ones you see in the Philippines, while the DMax 3.0 VGS Turbo is the 2006 engine model DMax, but we Pinoys still haven't got this VGT-version DMax locally here. Ours is still utilising the older 2004 engine model. The Mitsubishi Triton here is our own Strada GLS-V but the one tested here is the manual-version. By 2012, Mitsubishi Phils. will be offering the manual-tranny Strada.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help me choose? Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Toyota Hi-lux, Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada?