New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    on my side: I like the Navarra among the others, fuel-efficient, comfortable, power is a big plus (6-speed) good for hauling heavy things, maintenance cost is cheaper among the strada, aircon is so cool, cabin tama lang yun luwag, yung nga lang mababa yung "stand" niya among the others kaya sabi medyo tagilid sa 4x4 capabilities,

BTW, let's wait for the release of the new Hi-Lux, nakita ko na yung bagong design, maganda siya, pero yung mga features di ko pa alam kung anu-ano, at kung ano yung binago nila sa engine.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c0ncept0ne View Post
    okay ba ford ranger wildtrak?
    that all boils down on your budget and what purpose sir..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Dakar rally car has absolutely nothing to do with the road-going Strada or Pajero models. All it shares with Mitsubishi's road-going trucks is the basic engine short block... The engine is specially built for the event, the body is a space frame clothed in a shell that merely looks like a Pajero, the suspension is a fully independent racing suspension (the Strada has a rear live axle) and the transmission is a specially built sequential six speed mated to a custom four wheel drive system with viscous and mechanical differentials... quite unlike the simpler system in the Strada.

If you're looking for something to drive on road, the Strada is a good choice... Soft suspension set and lots of top-end power. The best handling cars in the class Re the Ranger/BT50 twins and the Navara (because the Navara is long and low, it's more stable than most)... If you want to carry cargo and go off-road, the Ranger 4x4 is a good choice... But if you're going for a 4x2, I like the Strada better.
    Sir Niky yun Strada GL base model ba yon? Yun windows niya manual or powered na rin? And yun sa crew cab, para hindi ito magasgasan yun flooring, ano tawag sa plastic or cover na ito?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sir drich base model po yung strada gl. yung windows niya po ay power windows na po. yung strada gl po wala pong bed liner yung glx po mayroon.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    with the new 2012 ranger....

alin na ang mas magandang bilhin?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    with the new 2012 ranger....

alin na ang mas magandang bilhin?
    The 3.2 Inline 5 Ranger it is based on specs. Let's see in real life. Pero hindi mag-# 1 yan sa sales kasi yung dealer network nila hindi pa extensive IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

I would go either for the Hilux or the Navara. I have already driven both, and my lolo currently owns a Hilux. The only thing I dislike in the Hilux is the 4-speed automatic transmission, the 5-speed one out of the Navara is better.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    I would go either for the Hilux or the Navara. I have already driven both, and my lolo currently owns a Hilux. The only thing I dislike in the Hilux is the 4-speed automatic transmission, the 5-speed one out of the Navara is better.

correct me if im wrong, but i think the new ford ranger is a 6 speed.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    The 3.2 Inline 5 Ranger it is based on specs. Let's see in real life. Pero hindi mag-# 1 yan sa sales kasi yung dealer network nila hindi pa extensive IMO.
    You said it right Sir Ry, it's a straight-penta! And people will love the ride, you bet! ;)

The only other manufacturer that makes a straight-penta is Volvo, for its marine products. They are reputed for very smooth ride.

In fact, naturally, pentas are smoother than our straight-4 diesels (DMax, Hilux, Strada, present-day Ranger, Navara, BT-50, Foton, etc) and against the V6, where both of these engines needed two-balancing shafts that rotates hand-in-hand with their cranks. The angle of throws in our straight 4's is 90-degree apart from each other, while the V6 is inherently imbalanced (a cut-off V8 crank, or an incomplete V8-crank if you look at it).... The straight-penta? 72-degree throws ;)

Only a straight-6 could beat a penta-cylinder where there is still no torsional issues in a crank. BMW makes straight-6 engines and they are vaunted for super-smooth and powerful ride. They don't utilise balancing shafts, thus some of the engine power is not wasted into rotating these shafts by almost as much as twice the speed of the crank.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    You said it right Sir Ry, it's a straight-penta! And people will love the ride, you bet! ;)

The only other manufacturer that makes a straight-penta is Volvo, for its marine products. They are reputed for very smooth ride.

In fact, naturally, pentas are smoother than our straight-4 diesels (DMax, Hilux, Strada, present-day Ranger, Navara, BT-50, Foton, etc) and against the V6, where both of these engines needed two-balancing shafts that rotates hand-in-hand with their cranks. The angle of throws in our straight 4's is 90-degree apart from each other, while the V6 is inherently imbalanced (a cut-off V8 crank, or an incomplete V8-crank if you look at it).... The straight-penta? 72-degree throws ;)

Only a straight-6 could beat a penta-cylinder where there is still no torsional issues in a crank. BMW makes straight-6 engines and they are vaunted for super-smooth and powerful ride. They don't utilise balancing shafts, thus some of the engine power is not wasted into rotating these shafts by almost as much as twice the speed of the crank.

Galing talaga ni master!

And I bet that the Ford Ranger will benefit more from aftermarket tuning chips!

Only the Isuzu RT-50 could come near its performance specs-wise.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Help me choose? Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Toyota Hi-lux, Nissan Navara or Mitsu Strada?