New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i prefer the 1.2 L, im planning to buy the aveo probably next week, now im hoping that someone here in tsikot can give me a better view on this one

i have choose the 1.2 L because there is just a small difference in terms of power and torque between the two engines, the 1.2 L Stec engine i think comprises of a 72 ps power qhile on the otherhand the 1.5 L can give about 83 ps of power

there is just a small difference of 11 ps between the two, besides the fact that the 1.2 L cost you only 550000, i am just going to add power windows, central lock and alarm, for the exterior, ill just change the mags and paint the side mirrors that is going to be color keyed, one more thing im looking for a fuel efficient car that i am going to use everyday from the house up to the office. guys, can the 1.2 L aveo is much more advisable to buy? rather that the 1.5 L series? help me choose naman.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much is the cost difference between the two and what are the actual equipment differences between them?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    get the 1.2 liter...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    diba same price lang yung sedan and yung hatchback

yung 1.2 L will cost you around 550 000 ata

tapos yung sedan na 1.4 and yung hatchback na 1.5 L will cost you
    for:
    manual- 640000
    AT- 680 000

sa pagkakaalam ko ha, di kung may aadd ka pa nang power windows, central lock paint sa side mirrors at alarm plus mags mo pa, siguro mag alot ka nang 30 000, based on my experience ha, kulang nalang foglamps, mukha nang 1.5 L yan, parang prob. ko ngayin, naghahanap ako nang foglamps..hehe

so mga 580000 yung gagastusin mo compared to the 640 ooo of the 1.5 L

tipid ka pa sa gas, eh you will get the same power somehow with the 1.5 L

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In a car like the Aveo, you don't really need the power...

But you can get a lot for 550k already, elsewhere... but since that isn't the question, as long as it has power front-windows, I'd say go for the 1.2. Resale value is always better for the base model, anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks sa mga magreply, ayoko ko kase kumuha nang second hand car.

im planning to buy a new hatch especially with chevy because im hearing a lot of good reviews regarding the aveo.

i dont want any hondas or suzuki's or what have you, nakakasawa naren naman kase..

the 1.2 L as what they have said ( the one who reviewed the specs about the hatch) the chevy aveo 1.2 L hatch doesnt need a bigger engine because of the weight of the said hatch, Magaan daw kase? mas mabigat yung sa 1.5 L, it is true? so may tendency that the power and consumption of the 1.2 L can overcome the maximization of the power in the 1.5 L series

is this true po ba?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT: Wala naman halos Suzuki sa daan. Sa India lang maraming Suzuki. :lol:

Power is relative. Yung ibang tao nga 300++ hp na ang sasakyan nila, 'bitin' pa din para sa kanila. Test drive a unit. Kung ok na sa iyo, then it's ok since you will be the one using the unit.

For everyday commuting, the Aveo (with whatever engine) provides adequate power for me. Wala ka naman siguro balak humatak ng jet-ski [though the owner's manual does have a section on towing] or sumali sa drag race. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Get a 1.2L plus get the base or cheapest model. depreciation on the cheapest model is not as bad as the high end ones. And for a chevrolet car the depreciation is one of its worst asset.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    by all means, nowadays may advantage na small but agile hatcback cars. yan ang direction ko eh, get rid of my strada and settle for a smaller car pang-daily.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    GUYS may Promo Chevy ngayon BILIS, if you buy or purchase any OPTRA,AVEO cars, may free 2 years PMS!! ang galing, syang hinde ko naabutan yun!

pero doon sa mga interested na bibili, hanggang december 31 nalang ata yung promo okey nga eh, save ka pa as i computed sama mo na yung PMS kung walang free, aabutin ka nang 20 t0 30 k plus

kasama na pala change OIL DOON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help me choose, chevrolet aveo  hatchback 1.2 L or 1.5L?series