New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I currently own a Lancer GLXi Model 95 and its been with me since 2001 2nd owner ako and so far it didnt give me any Major problems. Now im planning for an upgrade and since wala ako pambili nang bago 2nd hand ulit. Any suggestions?

My budget is around 400-450k
    2001 - up model
    i dont drive SUV, pickup or Van

I'll be using it everyday for work from pasig to Ortigas during night so alang traffic. Every weekend umuuwi ako lipa batangas then balik nang monday nang hapon to pasig.

Nissan,Mitsubishi,Honda,Toyota, Ford

Im planning to buy this september Smiley

Thanks Smiley

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parehong pareho tayo ng scenario....

what's your preference? power? fuel efficient? etc...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, from 94 Civic ESi to 03 Lynx RSCE. ;)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Just make sure the odometer reading is not tampered(rollback).If you can get a model with digital odometer that's a +(cause it expesive and harder to tamper the odo if its digital compare to analog).The usual, check exterior parts for possible car accident(i.e. mismatch paint. Door,fender,hood,trunk alignment.

Bring it to reputable mechanic for inspection.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by xander1925
    I currently own a Lancer GLXi Model 95 and its been with me since 2001 2nd owner ako and so far it didnt give me any Major problems. Now im planning for an upgrade and since wala ako pambili nang bago 2nd hand ulit. Any suggestions?

My budget is around 400-450k
    2001 - up model
    i dont drive SUV, pickup or Van

I'll be using it everyday for work from pasig to Ortigas during night so alang traffic. Every weekend umuuwi ako lipa batangas then balik nang monday nang hapon to pasig.

Nissan,Mitsubishi,Honda,Toyota, Ford

Im planning to buy this september Smiley

Thanks Smiley
    Kung solo ka lang, and you do mostly city driving and once a week to lipa, I suggest you get a DSi Jazz. You can get one for about 480-500K.
    HTH

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    no traffic? At 450k, you can get a Lynx RS CE or a regular RS (they're basically the same, anyway). Very comfortable cars (despite the stiff suspension), 6CD changer equipped stereo, moonroof, good looks. Should give you around 8-9 km/l in traffic, and 10-12 km/l going to Batangas (if you've got a light foot), and you'll have much more fun driving to Batangas than in any other car.

You can also get a Lynx Ghia for much less, but gas consumption will be comparable or less, and it'll have less poke. The leather seats are a nice touch.

Of course, as default, you could look at a secondhand CVT City or Jazz. Those are nice cars to drive and very, very economical. But make sure the seats are okay with you. Some people (including me) feel that there's not enough thigh support for city driving (sakit sa tuhod). For most people, it's not a problem. And the Jazz is a very cute and very useful car.

Within your budget, you can probably get an 01-03 Toyota Altis 1.6. Boring to look at, but very relaxing cars to drive. And even if you get it in AT, it won't guzzle gas as much as other 1.6 ATs. Same can be said of Civics of the same time period.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At 400-450K you can get the usual '01-'02 Altis and Civic Vti models plus a little spare change. These are quite nice and stable on the highway and economical in the city if driven with a prudent right foot and maintained properly (can easily get you over 10km/L).

Try to check out the Manila Bulletin classifieds on Sundays... ang daming choices. Just take your time to shop around and select what you feel is the best deal and condition combo (preferably from an actual owner). It's already listed above the things to look out for with regard to condition (body, engine, etc..).

Other choices:
    - '03 Sentra Exalta
    - Ford Lynx
    - '02 and up Lancer
    - '04 Vios
    - '04 City (medyo mahirap to find a 2nd hand Jazz it seems.. if meron medyo mahal pa).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    either a 2005 Ford Lynx Ghia

or

2004 Ford Lynx RS / CE

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    03-04 Lynx Ghia
    04 Lynx RS/CE
    01-02 Altis 1.6G/1.6E
    03 Sentra GS
    01 Civic VTi/VTi-S
    04 City i-Dsi
    04 Vios 1.5G

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi there guys,

Im going to buy a 2nd hand prado 98' diesel in october. Is it a good idea? any other diesel SUV suggestions that is within 900k?

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help me buy a 2nd hand Car