New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    [SIZE=3]Hi everyone! i'm new in the community. i had fun reading other threads and i'm hoping you guys could help me too..

i'm about to buy a car for my graduation (yey!) but right now, i'm torn between Mazda3 1.6V A/t and Toyota Vios 1.5G A/T. i like both at different ways. sporty vs. classy ride. pros and cons for both models please. i'm super concerned about fuel efficiency. please help. super thanks![/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If fuel efficiency is the only concern, it's Vios, hands down.

In terms of room, the Mazda3 has a rather tight rear seat, but it's got more elbow room than the Vios and better seats. (I find the Vios's new seats over-padded). The Mazda3 has a more supple suspension and better handling, though the Vios is lighter and also somewhat nimble.

Both cars have sluggish four-speed transmissions. It takes a big prod of the gas pedal to get the transmission to downshift for overtaking in the Vios, whereas the Mazda can be manually shifted. BUT: the Mazda3 lacks low-end push, due to poor torque and a heavy body. The Vios has better torque and response, and is much quicker.

The Mazda3 has better sound insulation and a more secure ride. Like most subcompacts, the Vios can get jittery over bad roads.

It's up to you, basically. Except for the sluggish engine and relatively poor economy (about 6-8 km/l in the city, 10-14 km/l on the highway), the Mazda3 is a more solid-feeling, quieter and luxurious car. The Vios has good room and terrific fuel economy (about 10 km/l city, 15-20 km/l highway) on its side.

Best advice? Test drive both. If the Vios is okay by you, it's the more economical vehicle. If you prefer the luxury of the Mazda3 and don't mind the thirst, go ahead.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

HELP! Mazda3 of Vios?