New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    pero mukhang trip pa din ni erpats yung safari eh. sabi ko nga 1 lang solution, bili ng isang safari at isang LC hehehe!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One thing I almost forgot to mention, check tie-down brackets, there should be four of them at the rear, with the third row folded. May mga bolts ito at butas diretso sa ilalim. If you ever decide to join our trails, those holes need to be plugged.

Check if the 4WD mechanism is functioning properly, and diff lock engages and disengages. Yung kay afrasay pagkakuha nya dati matagal mag-on & off and diff lock. Probably got stuck since the previous owner didn't even bother to know what it was for.
    Last edited by Ungas; March 22nd, 2004 at 02:08 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    One thing I almost forgot to mention, check tie-down brackets, there should be four of them at the rear, with the third row folded. May mga bolts ito at butas diretso sa ilalim. If you ever decide to join our trails, those hose need to be plugged.

Check if the 4WD mechanism is functioning properly, and diff lock engages and disengages. Yung kay afrasay pagkakuha nya dati matagal mag-on & off and diff lock. Probably got stuck since the previous owner didn't even bother to know what it was for.
    what are those hoses?
    differential breathers?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    get the safari for 550,000 and spend 100,000 on a turbo. kaya mo nang habulin ang land cruiser safety ka pa dahil hindi converted and while waiting for the turbo to arrive from australia, you can use the vehicle na kaagad.

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One of the things I don't like about the Safari is the apparent lack of refinement. On paper you can match the specs of the LC80 but they are still quite worlds away in actual day to day use.

The interior of the Safari ages and wears out easily. The ceiling is notorious for sucking up dust and eventually looking like a wall map of the world.

The door panels sag and warp even with normal use.

The dashboard is made of shiny black plastic and a lot of the dash is still painted metal.

If you feel cold, you can't close the air outlets. And the vanes in those outlets loosen and break off so easily.

These things, you will take foregranted in an LC80.

Despite of these faults, I still love Safaris.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    Despite of these faults, I still love Safaris.
    hehe habang bina basa ko hinihintay ko yung last comment mo lols

sabi ko na eh...ang alam ko avid fan ka ng safari and lc80...kayung dalawa ni boss kimps and sir otep

di ka kaya katayin ng mga PSG (Patrol Safari Group) pips dito hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Olive Drab
    what are those hoses?
    differential breathers?
    Oooops! My bad! It should read holes not hose.

Diff breathers does have it own hose connected to cross members of chassis. And its holes should not be plugged.
    Last edited by Ungas; March 22nd, 2004 at 01:12 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I looked at the green '94 SAfari advertised in 4x4ph with 115K on the odo last week. Maganda pa yung condition, needs body work (hilamos), some minor suspension work, and probably new engine mounts. The steering wheel is clean and interior condition was good (in used Safari terms).

My dad and i were interested but he decided na kelangan niya yung PPP para sa business niya so postponed muli ang pag hanap namin ng project family car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir, thank you po sa pagtingin

kuha ka na lang ng safari, at least marami kang mapagtatanungan dito in case may mga inquiries ka

pero kung gusto mo talaga ng lc80, then go for it! pera lang katapat nyan

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    phillipogi: naghanap ka ba sa mga tabing yards?

wag kang kumuha sa mga auctions bilisan ang trabaho dito

look at my prado walang problem sa convertion..pero subic to... yung link nasa sig ko....

punta ka ng microbase yung exit malapit sa olongapo beaches palabas ng zambales

hindi nila coconvert hanggat di nakikita ng customer and then deposit tapos almost 1 1/2 months convertion with brand new rack and pinion and dashboard even the automatic stick (kambyo)

kung babalik ka :-)

kakapagod yan been there done that....ang layo pa naman ng subic

good luck

Help! Land Cruiser exRHD or Nissan Safari LHD