New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    guys here's the CONCLUSION:

After (almost) 1 week of research, going back to Subic 3x in a week, and after roving around the city looking for 2nd hand cars, parts, shops, and the like, and looking at classified ads and forums everyday; the decisions made by my dad (thru my report) are:

1. Go to Subic tomorrow, to be at the bidding (United Auctioneers) to watch and get our P100,000 bid bond deposit.

2. Purchase a Land Cruiser 80 from the auction if and only if the price is less than P550,000.

3. If not, purchase a converted Land Cruiser 80 (from a very reputable source), completely converted and warranted, for a higher price.

4. If unsuccessful, look for a 2nd hand 1997 and up Nissan Safari.

This is after considering that buying a land cruiser 80 from the auction at a price less than 550T, and doing the convertion on our own would be a reasonable alternative.

But if the price of the bid exceeds the amount, it would be impractical for us to do the work, thus it would be better if we purchase a newer model LC80 converted from a reputable source (a relative's close friend) at a higher price, but is a ready to use unit. This unit would be a newer model than those auctioned at Subic. Different sources say that the Land Cruiser 80 built between 1989 and 1992 are the ones with small brake rotors at front, thus have a weak brake than the models made between 1993 to 1998, when Toyota corrected the problems. The model being eyed is a Turbo Diesel version, 5 seater w/0 dual aircon.

This would be the case unless the purchase fails due to some circumstances, looking for a 1997 and above Nissan Safari (local version), which is also cheaper than the Land Cruiser (both from bid or the ready LHD) would be the last alternative.

Thanks very much for all the answers and comments! All the comments were used in the decision, it just happen that my dad likes the LC more than the Safari, whatever the cost and age.

Originally posted by rukawa
    Tanong lang, san ba yan bidding sa subic, bidding ba? gusto ko kse mabisita minsan e, tsaka pano mag participate? parang ang mumura ng SUV's, meron din local?
    mura talaga but you need to be patient para makuha mo yung ayos pa. 2 ang malaking auction sa Subic, United Auctioneers at Asia International Auctioneers. meron din mga smaller ones. Just pay the bid bond (deposit, which is refundable naman) to get a bid book and chance to bid sa auction day. But its better if you inspect the units you are interested before paying the deposit. May mga left hand drive units talaga dun, mostly european luxo cruisers and sports cars. galing japan din yung mga yun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phillipogi,
    pwedeng patingin na rin kung may mga samurai or jimny box type units dun, and how much they cost. pakuha na rin ng mga specs. thanks!

good luck sa pagkuha ng lc80. dream truck ko rin yan e

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Suggestion:

If you go for the diesel-powered LC80, (which I think you should), choose the unit with either the 1HD-FT or 1HD-FTE, 24-valve engine. Forget the 1HD-T or 1HZ engine. The latter is an underpowered N.A. while the former is notorious in Oz for several documented cases of con-rod bearing failures. While nobody has yet raised hell here, it's better to be in the safe side than be sorry.:mad:

Just my 2 cents....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "Fixed-up" ex-JDM LC80's usually fetch around Php 850k in San Fernando, Pampanga.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa hula ko Safari ang makukuha ni phillipogi..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lakas magdasal nung mama o!

galing ako subic kahapon...grabe wala ako naiuwi!!! hehehe!! ang mahal din ng kuha nila sa mga Land Cruiser, umabot din ng 620-680 ang 1990 1HD-T land Cruiser! di na ako kumuha.

tebs;
    walang samurai eh, pero may mga jimny box dun, i just didnt get the price ng bid kasi na-late ako dumating ng konti eh. sorry.

about the safari, i've seen one, 1995 model, 81T milage, dark green (parang olive eh), super kinis and kintab, very well maintained, fetching at 580T neg. pa. pwede na ba price or mahal pa yan?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baba mo pa sa 550K yan, a 1997 Patrol model was being sold for 650K.

Check if it has dual AC and front facing thrid row seat.

yah dual aircon, third row facing front. new tires, all orig lahat, casa maintained with records

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Help! Land Cruiser exRHD or Nissan Safari LHD