New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I would like to buy my own car, i have already a family and a kid wherein it is so hassle to commute or to get cab pag umaalis kami...Most especially kawawa yun bata. I would like to acquire one but my budget is only from 150K-200K which i think that's under '98 and below model...I hope may pwedeng makatulong...I can pay DOWNPAYMENT and i can issue PDC. May mga ganung arrangement ba? Please HELP me...Any tips and suggestions?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hope you can give me tips and suggestions guys!!!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yoPej View Post
    I would like to buy my own car, i have already a family and a kid wherein it is so hassle to commute or to get cab pag umaalis kami...Most especially kawawa yun bata. I would like to acquire one but my budget is only from 150K-200K which i think that's under '98 and below model...I hope may pwedeng makatulong...I can pay DOWNPAYMENT and i can issue PDC. May mga ganung arrangement ba? Please HELP me...Any tips and suggestions?
    what are you thinking of doing? are you intending to use the 200k as DP to get a new car? or are you thinking of using it to get a second hand vehicle? both scenarios can be applied.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd suggest you try finding a car at the 140-160K range (i.e. Toyota Corolla, Mitsu Lancer, Nissan Sentra) and set aside another 30K to 50K for repairs and maintenance. There are a lot of threads here that can help guide you on your search. Most sellers of such car models will only take cash.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I'd suggest you try finding a car at the 140-160K range (i.e. Toyota Corolla, Mitsu Lancer, Nissan Sentra) and set aside another 30K to 50K for repairs and maintenance. There are a lot of threads here that can help guide you on your search. Most sellers of such car models will only take cash.

following vinj's advise which i think is a better option:

a) at the 140-160k range, you can get a Mitsu Itlog, a Mazda Familia or a Corolla Big Body. yes, you have to set aside at most 50k for repairs and maintenance specially on the first year.

the second option is use your 200k as DP for a new car. wala kang maintenance cost dito except for the PMs (5k, 10k, 20k). which, can be costlier in the long run. coupled the fact that you have to pay a monthly amortization which amounts to around 12-13k/month depending on the vehicle that you can get.

so the first is the better option. you have a car, and wala kang utang. you just have to maintain it properly otherwise, baka itirik ka nyan while in the middle of a trip with your kid.

kung brand new car naman, bago ang car mo. hindi ka ititirik. yun nga lang, mas mahal sya. but you get peace of mind while on the road with your kid.

if i am you (in tagalog: kung ikaw eh ako...) i would choose the first option. the 50k set aside for maintenance is repairs would be enough to last me for a year. wala na akong utang after that.

i somehow sympathize with you. i know its hard to commute with a kid. and sometimes, riding a taxi is more expensive than if you use that taxi fare for gas.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung matagal mo din naman gagamitin yung sasakyan.. and kaya naman magbayad nang monthly.. ehh i suggest getting a brand new car na.. less headache.. low maintenance.. and it's brand new!

with 200T cash for down.. you can shop around for 600T cars.. then around 10T+ for monthly for 5 years..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    kung matagal mo din naman gagamitin yung sasakyan.. and kaya naman magbayad nang monthly.. ehh i suggest getting a brand new car na.. less headache.. low maintenance.. and it's brand new!

with 200T cash for down.. you can shop around for 600T cars.. then around 10T+ for monthly for 5 years..

yup.... o kung medyo kulang budget mo for monthly, get a smaller car (Hyundai Getz?) or shop around for two year old units sa mga car dealers na hindi laspag (example: mga 2005-06 lancers). use the 200k for the DP, so mga 6k-8k na lang monthly mo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Pero the catch as per 1d4lv with brand new cars is the PMS (just to give you a heads up kung magkano, it revolves around P5k to P10k depende sa kotse mo). Hindi mo naman pepwedeng i paservice sa friendly neighborhood talyer mo kasi mavovoid ang warranty mo. I'd opt for the second hand option. Why? At least wala ka nang poproblemahin na monthly amortization, fully paid na ang kotse mo makakatipid ka pa sa servicing kasi pwede outside the casa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    depende sa car.. di naman ganon kamahal ang PMS.. 1K and 5K services are free sa toyota.. tapos kung di ka naman mag full synthetic.. less than 1T lang ang PMS for 1K and 5K.. yung 10K mga nasa 2T to 3T.. at least you enjoy 3 years warranty.. kung 2nd hand kasi.. pag hindi ka marunong.. eh baka makakuha ka nang sakit nang ulo..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i suggest toyota or mitsubishi for your budget. sa opinion ko lang po kasi madali hanap ng parts and mura pa

pag honda naman po expect the parts to much higher pero in a long run matibay and di masyado bumababa ang price

sa mazda naman po i would rather choose nissan hehehe

if you buy:

2nd hand-set aside a minimum of 30K for repairs kasi lalabas at lalabas ang sakit ng binili mong auto in a few months and for maintenance na rin.also make sure na may trusted mechanic ka or if possible bumili ka ng auto from a friend na alam mong maalaga sa sasakyan hehehe

Brand New-peace of mind and maintenance na lang iisipin mo pero ang mabigat ung monthly lalo na pag installment.also take note that newer cars are mostly maintained from casa dahil computerized na and they replace it by assembly just like honda... pag pinagawa mo sa bara barang mekaniko yari ang electrical mo...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help!! I'm Planning To Buy 2nd Hand Car...