New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi i'm planning on buying a new car hopefully by 1st/2nd week of november, my choices are the Honda Jazz 1.5V a/t and Toyota Corolla 1.6E m/t.

it will be used mostly in manila (taft) where i am studying, so my daily route is approximately 4kms everyday. And it will also be used in going back from manila to lipa, batangas where i live and vice versa every weekends. so what is the practical choice? i want a car that is spacious, so is Honda Jazz spacious as a sub-compact or is it spacious even when compared to the compacts like the corolla?.

which is better? any other suggestions? TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Are you male or female?

If you don't mind pedal pushing thru Metro Manila traffic, then get the Toyota. Otherwise, the Honda is your bet. Space wise, the Jazz is big, but IMHO, the Corolla would be bigger (it has a boot too)

The "practical" choice in terms of spare parts availability and general maintenance, the Toyota has the edge. Overall, buy a car that was well maintained.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    i choose jazz because it's A/T. traffic palagi sa taft e. ang gulo gulo nung mga jeep at bus. mas bagay din sa college student IMO

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Are you male or female?

If you don't mind pedal pushing thru Metro Manila traffic, then get the Toyota. Otherwise, the Honda is your bet. Space wise, the Jazz is big, but IMHO, the Corolla would be bigger (it has a boot too)

The "practical" choice in terms of spare parts availability and general maintenance, the Toyota has the edge. Overall, buy a car that was well maintained.

Good luck!
    male. medyo hindi pa po kasi ako sanay sa manual eh, pero i can drive manual naman but not as comfortable as i do in matic. regarding sa space ng corolla, hindi po ba sikip kapag 4 yung sakay sa likod? kasi malimit din po kaming lumabas labas, i heard that the jazz can accommodate 4 persons sa likod.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    which is more stable in highway? let say at 160. Hindi po ba parang unstable ang jazz kapag nilalampasan ng mga suvs/bus knowing its a "small" car?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    IMHO mas ok ang altis more spacious,more comfortable for those long drives and a lot less cheaper to maintain than a Jazz. youll save a lot more pang date or gimmick mo .. my 2 cents!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    4 persons at the back? ... kawawa kotse mo nyan partner!

Pero if its 4 Hot Girls ... pwedeng-pwede! .. :naughty2:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    4 persons at the back? ... kawawa kotse mo nyan partner!

Pero if its 4 Hot Girls ... pwedeng-pwede! .. :naughty2:
    sa vios kasya apat, what more sa corolla? :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameTaken View Post
    male. medyo hindi pa po kasi ako sanay sa manual eh, pero i can drive manual naman but not as comfortable as i do in matic. regarding sa space ng corolla, hindi po ba sikip kapag 4 yung sakay sa likod? kasi malimit din po kaming lumabas labas, i heard that the jazz can accommodate 4 persons sa likod.
    papano ka masasanay sa manual, e, ayaw mo namang magsanay..
    4 in the back? no locally sourced car can do that comfortably.. unless you count the 4th body lying down over the three.. you don;t want a car.. get a van... bakit, nag-prisinta ka na bang maging school bus owner na, bus driver pa?
    and if it easily floods in your area, perhaps you better get a diesel.. auv na lang kaya?
    and who in his right mind would want to tempt fate by doing 160 in star..?
    gosh.. if you were my son, i'd get you an air-cooled vw..
    heh heh.
    but seriously..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hehe. Bago mag-try ng daredevil speeds, hasain mo muna driving skills mo. Baka mangatog tuhod mo * high speeds mawalan ka pa ng control lalo ka nayari. ;)

Going back to the topic, Corolla ako. Seats more and more comfortable. But as far as I know, the jazz has good handling.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast