New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Starex for me... Well lighted ang interior big space, and nice visibility...

IMHO, stay away from HiAce... Sakit ulo ata ng D4D. Even if ang laki ng seats sa Super Grandia, the size of the van is excruciating!!!

Baka you will encounter same experience with this driver:

Boss: Manong, kumusta ang road trip ng mga bata sa probinsya...
    Manong: Ok naman...
    Boss: kumusta ang bagong HiAce Super Grandia?
    Manong: Naku sir, ang side mirrors po nawawala!!!

bakit kasing walang 3.0D4D na super grandia..2.5L lang....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hey guys, we are also planning to buy a Van. Most friends recommend the Starex over the Grandia mainly because of engine power. And also because the engine of the Starex is not under the driver's seat - cooler on the driver especially on long drives and in traffic.

Sabi nga nila, kung ako mag-drive... Starex, kung may driver... Grandia. Heck, I love to drive!

Starex na din kami.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, kahit may paid driver ka to do the driving for you, the Starex still feels more comfy. Ang sarap ng seats (supportive and well padded) and the seatbelts are comfortable unlike those lap belts that come with the Hiace.

Also, if you are seated in the 2nd row, you won't be bothered by the engine resting just in front of your knees as you would if you were in a Hiace.

Congrats.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    STAREX for me, exterior and interior panalo na. wala naman pa akong nalalaman na naging problema ng kanilang CRDI engine. and sulit kana sa price nya.

TOYOTA, well, its a toyota. resale value MIGHT be higher. but i dont like the looks of the van, BOXY. may nag comment pa nga na mukhang REF na nakahiga hehehehe.

BTW... sa ibang bansa starex and grandia and most of our local vans are categorized as MINI-BUS. i think.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Boss: Manong, kumusta ang road trip ng mga bata sa probinsya...
    Manong: Ok naman...
    Boss: kumusta ang bagong HiAce Super Grandia?
    Manong: Naku sir, ang side mirrors po nawawala!!!
    Yikes! Couldn't get through the tighter provincial roads with its heft. Sanayan naman din yan, eventually, pero with something that size, you really got to give it some space.

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    bakit kasing walang 3.0D4D na super grandia..2.5L lang....
    Yeah, if they probably supplied a more powerful engine, they'd be winning over a lot more buyers. I think Toyota's coming from the "potent enough for a van" point of view. Perhaps they think the 2.5L D-4D is torquey enough to haul that large van and get it up to a van's city cruising speed.

sure overheat yan paakat/gapang paakyat ng baguio....bigger than MB100, tapos 2.5 d4d lang... for me, 2.5 d4d is just enough for a innova manual, bit slower pag matic.. what more pa sa hi-ace?

kaya ttyaga muna ako tumingin at test drive ng surplus hiace-reguis/granvia/ jdm grandia-look hiaces kasi mas ok pa(no far better pa) seating at 1KZ-TE pa ang makina... half the price pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    sure overheat yan paakat/gapang paakyat ng baguio....bigger than MB100, tapos 2.5 d4d lang... for me, 2.5 d4d is just enough for a innova manual, bit slower pag matic.. what more pa sa hi-ace?

kaya ttyaga muna ako tumingin at test drive ng surplus hiace-reguis/granvia/ jdm grandia-look hiaces kasi mas ok pa(no far better pa) seating at 1KZ-TE pa ang makina... half the price pa.
    Any modifications to the transmission and/or intake of the the 2.5 D-4D in the Grandia/S.Grandia to give it some power/torque advantages over the Innova?

The 1KZ-TE is powerful enough for the JDM Hiace. It should be potent enough as well in the current big Hiaces.

kung sana din ang "super grandia" ay ganito >

russian specs is 2.7vvti, may nakita na akong ganyan dito, white, sa may SM NE rd going to pag-asa...saan kaya naimport... yan ang head elbow at legroom!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    why isnt toyota bringing this jumbo version of the hi ace here? tambak yan sa thailand.. used for tourist shuttle,,,, in australia they also use it and they even hook up a trailer to carry the lugguge so that the van itself just carries the passengers....trust me this van is huge..........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Help: GL Grandia/ Super Grandia/ New Starex Crdi