New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hello everybody,

matagal na akong nagbobrowse dito sa tsikot pero ngayon lang ako nagregister... i really need your help, sana mabigyan niyo ako ng advice...

my sister and i will be buying our first family car this june. only problem is, we're really on a budget and my sister has the following constraints: 1) brand new car dapat (bad experience with a 2nd hand car); 2) auto tranny (hirap daw siya sa manual); and 3) price should be around 500k lang.

i know na marami nang thread dito before about getz pero puro kase manual tranny yung mga nakikita ko... do you guys know of anybody with getz/picanto na automatic? baka naman may feedback kayo na mabibigay sa kin...

hope you could help us tia!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Picanto matic here. But if you can stretch the budget, you'd get more features in the Getz.

And there's not much difference between the two as they are plaform-mates and share major parts. Ever wonder what Hyundai logos are doing under the Picanto's hood? hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    get the 1.4 AT getz, bigger enginer, bigger space, more safety features (at least as compared to the picanto). i was supposed to get a getz already but delayed buying to get a bigger car instead. ok raw `yung getz, maganda feedback from those who bought it.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    If under budget. Take the picanto. They have the same parts / accesories maker. "hyundai-mobis" so basically the same lang. Magaling lang marketing ng hyundai dito.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    since pareho naman may-ari daw nyan Hyundai and Kia, choose ka na lang kung ano mas suitable sa family nyo? (i.e. size and preferred look)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Getz!!! Ang cute cute nya kse eh!!! Seriously, maganda ang response for the Getz than the Picanto. On top of that, it has more features and looks better.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sabi saken dealer ng picanto 3 cylinders lang daw getz 1.1 kesa sa 4 cylinders ng getz... i think pwedeng maging basis yun kasi mag f-fall sa reliability ng engine...

pro parehas lang naman yung lakas aircon nila hehehe! mas maganda nga lang talga basic feature ng getz compare to picanto at ang alam ko may mga upgarde kits ang getz. (side mirror crome, silver dash board, spoiler, rear wiper at rear mirror)

at mas mukhang mas matino dealer ng Getz than picanto at mas mahaba wheel base ng getz.. kaso mas mabigat body ng getz kesa sa picanto.. kaya mas mukang powerfull at masmaganda hatak ng picanto... hay hirap pili parehas cute...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    # of cylinders do not determine reliability. If a cylinder fails, the work will be pretty much the same for both since you still have to tear up the engine to get to them. Whether 3 or 6 cylinders, its still up to the type of materials and skill of the assembler to determine build quality. Of course, maintenance will play a part in reliability, too.

The rear wipe/wash cannot is standard on the 1.4 and CRDi. It is not an upgrade that the dealer can fit should you get a 1.1.

The chrome side mirrors totally suck. Looks cheap and fragile. It wouldn't be out of place in a Nexus.

Both cars are ok. The Picanto is aimed at the lower spectrum (the very lowest) of the market resulting in different feature content. Otherwise, they'd practically be selling the same thing!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    If you aimed for getz. Get the Crdi. Mas matipid eto and have better features. sa budgets sa picanto nga. You have upgrade naman for picanto. Maraming accessories available.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    wala pong 1.3 na picanto dito sa atin. only 1.1.

i own a picanto so biased ako. hehehe.
    for me, mas maganda ang styling ng picanto.
    pwedeng gawing sporty. pwede rin pa-cute. hehehe.
    sa features, lamang ang getz. may power windows siya.
    i don't know kung standard din ang power locks at side mirrors niya.
    pero pwede na ring i-upgrade ang windows, locks and side mirrors
    ng picanto.

however, when it comes sa engine and power,
    kayang-kayang iwan ng stock picanto ang stock na getz na 1.1.
    done it. hehehe.

hello uwak!
    kailan uli ang EB?
    hehehe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
help! getz 1.3 at vs picanto 1.1/1.3 at