New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Just want to ask some advise. I am planning to get a used Ford Expedition 2000-2001 for my wife dahil ang mura mura na ngayon. I don't mind the gasoline consumption, coz I would rather spend more sa gas than risk the safety of my family by getting one of the safest vehicles out there.

Anyway, ask ko lang po sa mga experts dito, what is a better buy? the 4x2 variant or the 4x4?

ano kaya ang pros and cons ng isa't isa? Points like durability, maintenance, and ride. TIA

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    4 X 2 kung gamit lang ni wifey. Hindi naman sya siguro mag o offroad or hahatak ng trailer. Kung type mo naman talaga 4 X 4 then go for it.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Go for the 4x4 variant if possible even if you won't go off-road most of the time.

With so much torque the Exped has, you can engage the 4x4 (4H) on twisty hi-way runs, like going up to Bagiuo, to have more control on the corners.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup parang ok nga ang 4x4 sa handling. pero worry ko lang na baka mas matibay ang 4x2 dahil mas konti ang components sa ilalim. at saka mas matibay dahil hindi na air suspension. please correct me if mali ang analogy ko

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    better to have it and not use it, than need it and not have it... hehehe

applies to 4x4 mechanisms and guns too.

a 4x4 expy will allow you to take it nearly everywhere, except run it up a vertical cliff. say, for example, your wife gets stuck in a bit of mud... all she has to do would be to engage 4LO, and the giant will take itself out of the mudhole... perfect for those occasions where you or her will need to take it out of town to strange places.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - if you're not going to use the 4WD function... just get the 2WD variant.

With a 4WD, that's more components to look after and it'll drink more gasoline (the Expedition has a full-time 4WD right?).

The 2WD variant can handle most roads here in the Philippines... if jeepneys can go through muddy paths & the like... it'll be a piece of cake for the 2WD Expedition.

bigbigcar.com Feature: BMW Dynamic Drive Experience

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    pag nanalo ako sa lotto tonight (150M) bibili ako green na exped, tatlo... 1st to 3rd gen. gusto ko kasi lahat ng lumabas na expy eh, hehe

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    maraming salamat sa mga advise niyo mga bossing. me and my wife decided to get the 4x2 variant, and non-air suspension. Stick to basics na lang kami para less components to maintain and replace in the future. the 4wd should have been a good option too, kaso nga yun. A friend also gave me tips kasi he is using the 4x4 and 4x2 variants. he said na dun sa 4x4 nakaka 4-5kms/Liter at dun naman sa 4x2 nakak-abot pa daw siya ng 6kms/Liter.

we're getting the xp tom. found a great deal * 560k and 47kms lang ang mileage. fresh na fresh.

again thanks.

Help: Ford Expe 4x2 vs. 4x4