New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    [SIZE=2]Guys I need help in deciding on buying a car. First I'm just a college student. I'd like to know if settling for the cheap old school cars would be ok(like the first gen lancer)? Im on a budget and I'd also like to know if settling for the old cars would be a disadvantage(like high maintenance)? Lastly, are old school cars still fit for normal everyday city driving? Thanks![/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by slo View Post
    [SIZE=2]Guys I need help in deciding on buying a car. First I'm just a college student. I'd like to know if settling for the cheap old school cars would be ok(like the first gen lancer)? Im on a budget and I'd also like to know if settling for the old cars would be a disadvantage(like high maintenance)? Lastly, are old school cars still fit for normal everyday city driving? Thanks![/SIZE]

first of all as a rule the older the car the more effort and patience you need to maintain your ride...but there are still some road worthy old school car around the 80 models still roaming the streets...you have to be very careful when shopping for a unit, if possible have your trusted mechanic go with you when checking out the unit...and set aside a buffer fund for repairs. good luck.

help! first time car buyer