New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I was able to bring my 1.3 Avanza to Legaspi with 8 people on board plus stuff for 6 days vacation. On the way back to Laguna, 9 people plus more stuff.

FC for the trip is 13 to 14 km per liter. The torque of the 1.3 engine of the avanza is comparable to a 1.6 carburated engine.

to the TS, check out this thread:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57880

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    I was able to bring my 1.3 Avanza to Legaspi with 8 people on board plus stuff for 6 days vacation. On the way back to Laguna, 9 people plus more stuff.

FC for the trip is 13 to 14 km per liter. The torque of the 1.3 engine of the avanza is comparable to a 1.6 carburated engine.

to the TS, check out this thread:
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57880
    Wow. Nagkasya yung 9?

Anyways, back to topic....

Yeah, like what others are picking i`d obviously pick the avanza since its a newer model ( although small, kaya naman magsakay ng more than 7 passengers like what sir meledson said. Proven na kumbaga )

2nd choice ko naman yung revo. A family friend of mine owns a GSX revo. Sobrang lakas ng a/c niya, hindi siya ganoon katagtag ( well for me atleast ) and sa tingin ko naman ok ang speed niya. We went to pagcor before and ang nakasakay sa revo is about 9 rin, maluwag pa naman siya, comfortable pa rin ( FRONT FACING 3rd ROW SEATS ) And, about the speed......tama lang naman siya considering that 1.8 lang siya.....so what more if yung 2.0 na gusto mo diba?

3rd ko would be adventure.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    avanza... maliit. maliit lahat, pati engine. pati wheels/tyres. i have no idea why toyota markets this as a people carrier. maybe it started life as a small subcompact to compete against the jazz, but somewhere along the way it morphed into a people carrier.
    I don't think it was meant to compete with the Jazz/City. Toyota already had the Vios for that. The Avanza was probably meant to cover the gap in their vehicle line up that used to be covered by the Tamaraw FX, a relatively cheap utility vehicle that can carry lots of people and easy to use for taxi and city shuttle purposes. But since that vehicle has evolved into the Innova, it's not anymore suited for that role.

Looking inside the Avanza, you'll see that the interior is nowhere near the fit and finish of other passenger cars like the Vios. Very spartan. But a good high ceiling, lots of seating space (for such a small vehicle) and big doors, it was a good condidate for taxi purposes.

I think I remember that Toyota even had demo units fitted with Auto-LPG kits to show potential taxi fleet buyers what can be done with it.

Anyway, back to topic...

I would actually vote for the Avanza if I was limited to the choices given by the TS.

It is more modern, newer, parts are easy because of it's wide popularity. It's flexible in use. It might not be the fastest vehicle on the road but it will get you to your destination without much drama. Just avoid sudden maneuvers with it at high speed.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; July 25th, 2009 at 10:42 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    thanks a lot guys sa mga opinions nyo, i have another question, they say driving a revo is like driving a tamaraw fx, is it true? coz i have a tamaraw fx '97 model,

considering the price for me i would really like to choose the avanza bec of the new design and newer model even its 2nd hand compared to the other 2. what i'm worrying about is the power, when it gets older do you think that the 1.3 engine would change drastically? compared to a 2.0 engine.

thanks again guys

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wb_23 View Post
    considering the price for me i would really like to choose the avanza bec of the new design and newer model even its 2nd hand compared to the other 2. what i'm worrying about is the power, when it gets older do you think that the 1.3 engine would change drastically? compared to a 2.0 engine.
    As long as you maintain the engine well, I don't think engine power would reduce drastically over time. It might loose a few HPs due to compression loss as it gets really older but any drastic loss of power would probably mean you need to have the engine fixed.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks a lot guys sa mga opinions nyo, i have another question, they say driving a revo is like driving a tamaraw fx, is it true? coz i have a tamaraw fx '97 model,
    Revo na, pero as much as possible yung diesel, lahat naman ng variant ng Revo may diesel except sa GSX and VX200 (counter part ng VX240D), yun nga lang manual sila. you're also considering Avnza J so it means it's not a must na Automatic Transmission. correct me sir if i'm wrong.

we owned a 2005 Toyota Revo VX240D. isa lang masasabi ko, the best siya. kung hindi lang kelangan ng dad ko ng 4WD, yung Pajero na lang namin ang ibebenta namin. ang ganda ng ride compared to my uncle's 2008 Isuzu Crosswind Sportivo. drives like a Tamaraw FX? mas malambot pa yung power steering ng Revo compared to our 97 Lancer pizza.

the gas variant? a big NO! my ex-gf owned a 2003 Revo GLX 1.8. they able to sold it for 285k, they want to dispose it as musch a s possible because of the V8-like consumption.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    question po ulit, what about the stability of the avanzaj 1.3? sabi may tendency daw mag roll, what speed are they talking about? sa 100kph o more than like 130-150kph?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    question po ulit, what about the stability of the avanzaj 1.3? sabi may tendency daw mag roll, what speed are they talking about? sa 100kph o more than like 130-150kph?
    Roll? Not really.

I`ve seen a youtube video, yung avanza 1.3 tinest sa nlex ata, it reached 140kph flat-out.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ask ko lng po, after we have inspect the car and checked to OR and CR sa LTO, we decided to buy it na, what are the important things to do/remember?

- Deed of sale, photocopy of Owners ID, License, or Passport
    - Original copy of Official Receipt and Certificate of Registration

what else? did i miss anything?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ask ko lng po, after we have inspect the car and checked to OR and CR sa LTO, we decided to buy it na, what are the important things to do/remember?

- Deed of sale, photocopy of Owners ID, License, or Passport
    - Original copy of Official Receipt and Certificate of Registration

what else? did i miss anything?
    - acknowledgement receipt of the payment
    - original insurance policy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help! family car, choose between revp. adventure, or avanza