New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    As for the Toyota Innova, it's new, which is one thing it has going for it. But personally, I'm not a very big fan of its shape, although I've seen an Innova with custom rims and it certainly looked better than with the stock ones. Then there's the middle-row seat problem, which places the smaller jump seat to the left, instead of the right which is the locally-accepted standard. You'll also have to be wary of its D-4D engine, which could be especially sensitive to the kind of diesel fuel we have in the Philippines. If you plan to use it on a daily basis, you'll be well advised to replace the fuel filter more frequently.
    Yep... I'll wait for those D4D engines to hit 40K kms before praising it.

Until then, I'll either choose the tried & proven Sportivo / Crosswind. Complaints are there but the general feedback of owners that I know are ok so far.

Quote Originally Posted by agreyes7110
    Go for the Innova, 3500 buyers in two months can't be all wrong, di ba!
    can you say "guinea pig"?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    id go for innova

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Innova for me. Sabi nila tested na daw and D4D engines ng Toyota sa Fuel ng asian countries including the Philippines.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    innova na!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    The first time i saw Toyota's Innova, i was immediately turned-off by its bland contour design. It looks like a bloated egg with wheels. I guess the designer was aiming for a more "aerodynamic-futuristic" look, rather than a sporty look. However, his effort will not win him an artistic design award by a long shot.

But since YOU will be driving it, you're not going to be pestered by how it looks from the outside right? Because the interior cabin compensates for it. I found it surprisingly roomy! The 3rd row seat is more comfortable compared to Sportivo. The Adventure 3rd row seat is the crampiest (more chance of getting your knee jammed by the 2nd row seat) among the 3 vehicles.

In fact, I think the Toyota Innova is the poor man's version of the Mitsubishi Grandis. The first time i sat inside the Grandis, i almost fell asleep in the showroom!

Suspension and noise levels, the Innova is still tops among the 3. With regards to fuel consumption, nothing beats the Isuzu Sportivo of course. After sales service is subjective. It depends on who you ask. But none of them is close to being condemned. Although Mitsubishi is currently being investigated by the Senate for selling substandard Pajeros and failing to fulfill their warranty obligations. But again, we don't know the entire story from both sides, do we?

If money is not an issue, and the choices are the diesel-version of their top-of-the-line models, my order of preference would be:

1) Toyota Innova
    2) Isuzu Sportivo
    3) Mitsubishi Adventure GLS Sport

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    In fact, I think the Toyota Innova is the poor man's version of the Mitsubishi Grandis
    naku baka marami mag-disagree d2. I think the Grandis is just priced too high as is the old Montero.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    anyone can compare yhe prices of the three??

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    adventure gls sport

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrief
    anyone can compare yhe prices of the three??
    Top-of-the-line models:

Toyota Innova = P1.03 million
    Isuzu Sportivo = P1.08 million
    Mitsubishi Adventure Super Sport Limited = P 842,000

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    tnx boy ferrari, laki pala ng defference . ok sana adventure kaso panget lang tlga ng harap ok pa yung dati na adventure.. bat ang mahal ng ng innova? anong kaibahan adventure.. palnning to buy 1 AUV .. hope next year kaso ala pa tlaga pera..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
help: diesel sportivo, innova or adventure?