New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Ano ok sa tatlo sa diesel sportivo, innova or adventure?

mod note: please avoid ambiguous titles for us to help you better.thanks!
    Last edited by GlennSter; May 19th, 2005 at 11:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kung ako pipili: innova.

reasons:
    - ganda dashboard. what can I say, isa yan sa mga criteria ko when choosing a brand new vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Go for the Innova, 3500 buyers in two months can't be all wrong, di ba!
    Last edited by agreyes7110; May 23rd, 2005 at 01:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    ay nako, nangaling na ako sa adventure, ang kupad, ang tagtag at ang lakas sa gas (2.0L gas ung sakin)

may sportivo ang pinsan ko, matipid, malakas makina pero matagtag daw.

binenta ko adventure pinalitan ko ng innova, best decision I've made. malambot, matulin (sa isang thread, tinakbo daw ng 160 w/ people and gamit on board), malambot suspensions at pinakamagandangs interior sa kanilang tatlo. kung people carrier talaga need mo, mag innova ka talaga, basahin mo ung mga thread sa innova forum

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the innova...masyado nang marami ang lumang AUV type of body...kapanahunan pa ng toyota tamarraw ang mga iyan

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    no doubt innova. sportivo ok din maingay lang yung diesel engine niya

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on where i'm going. if i'm going to the province and the road is somewhat rough and i have lots of heavy cargo, i'd rather have the sportivo. for city driving and to carry people in well paved roads, i'll go for the innova. the adventure...... hmmmmmnnn oh well

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Huwag kang kukuha ng Sportivo! Huwaaaaaahhhhg! Maawa ka sa puso mo!

We've come across at least one serious complaint regarding the Crosswind and how Isuzu Philippines handled the case. Nakakaawa yung may-ari, it must have been physically, mentally and emotionally taxing for him. Although in the end he agreed to a compromise, personally I feel that it's not enough. It will always be just that -- a compromise, which is detrimental to his best interests as a consumer spending hard-earned money on a company's reputation.

Having said that, in fairness to Isuzu, they have fuel-efficient diesel engines. But don't expect much in the way of speed, power and quietness. I have handily overtaken Isuzus on highway and uphill drives, and I use a diesel myself: a 2004 Mitsubishi Adventure.

You get the power and reliability of Mitsubishi's legendary 4D56 diesel engine which, going by most accounts, is also the most durable powerplant in its class. Fuel economy, however, is more of so-so than impressive, although this depends on your driving habits. The suspension has also been improved for comfort, but is still rugged enough to take on uneven road conditions. The big downside? The Adventure line is starting to show its age, despite the facelift.

As for the Toyota Innova, it's new, which is one thing it has going for it. But personally, I'm not a very big fan of its shape, although I've seen an Innova with custom rims and it certainly looked better than with the stock ones. Then there's the middle-row seat problem, which places the smaller jump seat to the left, instead of the right which is the locally-accepted standard. You'll also have to be wary of its D-4D engine, which could be especially sensitive to the kind of diesel fuel we have in the Philippines. If you plan to use it on a daily basis, you'll be well advised to replace the fuel filter more frequently.

All in all, it still depends on your personal preference and intended purpose.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 23rd, 2005 at 12:42 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa totoo lang I have first hand experiences with the crosswind (grabe talaga after sales ng isuzu dealers nakakainis!!!) and adventure. parehas silang ok. yung adventure nga lang doesn't fit my taste hehehehehe. yung innova, oh well parang pinalaking kotse kaya tingin ko sa kanya ok sya sa city driving at driving in well-paved roads. nasa personal preference mo talaga yan. kung ano gusto mo suportahan ka namin

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    As for the Toyota Innova, it's new, which is one thing it has going for it. But personally, I'm not a very big fan of its shape, although I've seen an Innova with custom rims and it certainly looked better than with the stock ones. Then there's the middle-row seat problem, which places the smaller jump seat to the left, instead of the right which is the locally-accepted standard. You'll also have to be wary of its D-4D engine, which could be especially sensitive to the kind of diesel fuel we have in the Philippines. If you plan to use it on a daily basis, you'll be well advised to replace the fuel filter more frequently.
    Yep... I'll wait for those D4D engines to hit 40K kms before praising it.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
help: diesel sportivo, innova or adventure?