New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    help naman po in deciding between the two, in terms of engine, fuel efficiency, handling and comfort as well as features.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Honda Civic VTI ako in all categories although fuel efficiency more or less lang yan dalawa.... Lamang lang sa maintenance cost yung Corolla, its probably the cheapest Corolla to maintain since its used as a taxi.... But for me Civic VTI pa rin....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako din ill go for the vti on this, though the 96 rolla is also appealing... im just more of the honda engineering fan.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    vti ako, corolla, pang taxi kasi yun eh.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    big body yung corolla 96 diba? kung bigbody sya, sa Civic VTi ako.

FC:
    although the Corolla has slightly the edge, the Civic has more ooomph.

Parts:
    again, although the corolla has some edge, medyo mura and available na din ang parts ng Civic.

Comfort:
    hmmmm. the civic has it.

Engine:
    the civic is more advanced.

Looks:
    sabi nga nila, taxi yung bigbody...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    suspension, features, looks, engine, FC, handling = Civic

maintenance by small margin = Corolla

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Kawawa naman ang '96 corolla gli ko, wla pa pumapabor, heh-heh. In fairness, ok naman tlga yung civic vti.. pero yung rolla gli, di naman ginagawang taxi eh, ung XL variants lng po madalas, and ins ome instances, the XE. Lugi ang operator sa gas pg GLi ang ginawang taxi kse 1.6, heh-heh, unless gawing half-LPG powered.

O, para di OT, i agree with the other posters who said that the major advantage of the toyota is the relatively low maintenance-cost and cheaper spare parts as compared to civic. So, sa panahon ngayon, it's really worth considering.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    AFAIK may '96 GLi na may airbag, i'm not saying na hindi safe ang civic pero since di naman kasama ang additional safety feature sa considerations mo, VTi ka na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2X View Post
    Kawawa naman ang '96 corolla gli ko, wla pa pumapabor, heh-heh. In fairness, ok naman tlga yung civic vti.. pero yung rolla gli, di naman ginagawang taxi eh, ung XL variants lng po madalas, and ins ome instances, the XE. Lugi ang operator sa gas pg GLi ang ginawang taxi kse 1.6, heh-heh, unless gawing half-LPG powered.

O, para di OT, i agree with the other posters who said that the major advantage of the toyota is the relatively low maintenance-cost and cheaper spare parts as compared to civic. So, sa panahon ngayon, it's really worth considering.
    I had experienced owning both models. Both are very solid cars. From my view, in stock configuration, Corolla has a "disente" appeal while the Civic suggests a much more "japorms" styling (i think it's still the case for the latest models of these two cars). It's nice to own either of the two. And if you're into car tuning, there are a lot of accessories for these models. Both of them handles very well, build quality is very good, engines are efficient and reliable. It's really close between these two cars. I prefer the better driving position of the Civic though. It suits smaller drivers as well.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo18 View Post
    AFAIK may '96 GLi na may airbag, i'm not saying na hindi safe ang civic pero since di naman kasama ang additional safety feature sa considerations mo, VTi ka na.
    ok naman safety ng honda. 5 star e.

Quote Originally Posted by instech View Post
    Corolla has a "disente" appeal while the Civic suggests a much more "japorms".
    plus 1 sir. mas disente po corolla talaga.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help in deciding between 96 toyota corolla gli and 96 honda civic vti