New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    hello mga master,

i nid ur help im planning to buy a used car to serve as my bump car i think.. but i prep a/t, would you suggest which brand be mostly reliable in terms of gas consumption and maintenance though it will be an a/t. and what year model be suitable for a budget of 150K-180K, the most will be 200K.

thnx in advance...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For me, I recommend Toyota, maraming spare parts.
    Nissan, mahirap ang pyesa.
    Honda, mahal ang pyesa.

On that price bracket, sigurado kailangan mo ng initial maintenance.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    ano po kayang yr model ang pwede any suggestion po?

thnx

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Basta the model you pick is a well known and successful model here, then parts are not a problem. At that age, parts are also pretty cheap. For a reliable, low maintenance car, Toyota is always the best option. But then Toyota's resale value is pretty high, so the cars you can get at this price range are all quite old. Your best bet would be Nissan, the newest cars you can get for this budget are mostly Nissan's. Honda cars are arguably the best driver's cars among your choices, but these require deeper pockets to maintain.

But then, old cars would always need additional money for maintenance to keep it in tip top shape. You would also have to exercise more caution with A/T cars. The result would be disastrous if you were to get a poorly maintained unit.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A Lovelife 1.6L Corolla, as far as I know you can get hold of one for less than 200k. With price haggling of course.

If not, pwede rin yung B13/B14 Sentra. Okay lang naman yung piyesa niya. Abundant rin kahit papaano.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A Lovelife 1.6L Corolla, as far as I know you can get hold of one for less than 200k. With price haggling of course.

If not, pwede rin yung B13/B14 Sentra. Okay lang naman yung piyesa niya. Abundant rin kahit papaano.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    For me, I recommend Toyota, maraming spare parts.
    Nissan, mahirap ang pyesa.
    Honda, mahal ang pyesa.

On that price bracket, sigurado kailangan mo ng initial maintenance.
    On Nissan being "mahirap pyesa" is not readily true. ;) In fact I have encountered some cases where they even had a better stockpile on some parts over Toyota where i have to wait for the parts to be ordered from the factory (and even from Japan in the case of our LC80). When i needed some small items such as an OEM radiator cap or a replacement center cap on my tire, Nissan would have it on hand while in contrast, Toyota still had to make me wait several days to get the part from the plant if i pursued my order.

Our 1993 Nissan Sentra has been very easy to maintain as our suking tindahan has the all the parts i need and even online, surplus parts can be sourced from fellow Nissan owners. The OEM parts may be slightly more expensive then Toyota but they last really long; My '00 model Frontier stayed with me for 6 years and 80,000kms with only regular change oil and filters plus upgraded shocks and nothing much else.

BTT: At that budget range, you'll be relegated to quite old models such as the mid to late 90's or early 00s Jap sedans such as the Corolla, Lancer, and Sentra. Best to just keep your options open amongst the three and go for the unit you and your mechanic find to be in the best condition (especially if you're getting an a/t model). Take your time in your search, ask friends and scour the classifieds such as Manila Bulletin on Sundays

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Go for Toyota.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    toyota reliability, honda style, nissan for ...... hmmmm...... wa me maisip...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Old wive's tale yun mahal or mahirap makanhap ng parts ng Nissan or Honda, kahit saan auto supply ka pumunta meron ka mabibiling parts for both brands

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
help to decide honda,nissan,toyota?