New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    please help me chose which is better? I'l be buying in a few days and I cant decide w/c suv to get.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's important to you?

Prestige? Speed? A good ride? A tough truck? Diesel fuel efficiency? Gasoline engine smoothness?

Except for the lack of seats, the CRV 2.0 is a superior vehicle. It rides better, steers better, is quieter, smoother, faster and probably nearly as fuel efficient as the diesel Fortuner.

The Fortuner is tall, tough and ladder frame. Meaning it could possibly survive rough off-roading, if it was 4x4, which the 2.5 liter version is not. Personally, the only Fortuner to get is the 4x4 3.0D4D, as that has a pretty good AWD system... all the better to reap the benefits in off-roadability given by those off-road ready tires, tall ride height (you'll need stepboards) and harsh... errr... firm suspension. If you're not getting the 4x4 and don't plan to go off-roading, the Innova is actually better value for your money.

The CRV 2.0 has about the same amount of elbow room as the Fortuner (which only looks wide due to the fender flares and tires) and better seats. It doesn't have a third row, but the Fortuner's third row severely lacks knee room. It's got a more supple suspension and rides quite nicely. The R20 engine has lots of high-end power, and from initial reports, isn't a gas guzzler like the old K-series engine. It lacks a bit of low-end torque, though, and it sounds like a broken buzzsaw at high revs. The CRV's chassis feels much stiffer than the Fortuner's, and it's more composed on the road at high speed, with a multi-link set-up in the back and better tires. While Honda is notorious for putting cheap tires on some of their cars from the factory, this CRV is much better equipped than previous ones.

If you like off-roading and drive by yourself, Fortuner. If you have a family of four or five and you want comfort, CR-V.
    Last edited by niky; July 11th, 2007 at 10:44 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't really get the point of the Fortuner 2.5 4x2. Unless the point is you want to have a Fortuner. hehehe. As an SUV, it can't go off-road and doesn't have any facility for towing. As a seven seat vehicle, there are lots of other seven seaters out there that can trump it. I guess if you want to look good or you are loyal to death to the 'Yota badge, then the Fortuner it is.

The CR-V is better to drive, easer to get in and out of, and is more ergonomic (all the controls easily fall to hand). It's a bit more practical too with its dual stage luggage floor, more nooks and cubby holes (than the Fort), and functional lower body cladding (protects the doors against parking lot dings and dents).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fortuner 2.7L VVTi

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i would go for the CRV.... kahit gasoline... matipid naman.. compare sa iba... and ang ganda ng M/T..... naka 6-speed.. hehehehe...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ayaw outlander gls? 200k lang dagdag..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    crv m/t rin or fort 3.0 V - dagdag nga lang.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    CRV din saken. or mas maganda kung TUCSON nalang

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If you want a bit of both.. tall, power, prestige, can take any punishment and still drive like new, firm but composed suspension, space, and nice fuel efficiency.. get the fort 2.7 vvti!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks guys, you've all been very helpfull. i've decided to get the fortuner 4x4 d4d. I'l just have to sacrifice the m/t of the honda. I do alot of road travels and I need a road worthy car come high, low, slippery and rough.

I'd love to have a M/T car but it's hardly in the market eh. I ordered a black 4x4 fortuner. accessories na lang ok n. hehehe

BTW, Ms po ako not Sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help! CVR 2.0 m/t or Fortuner 2.5a/t?