New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    guys need your help on buying a second hand car for our family...wiv just sold our lancer and here is the scenario

1. at the end of march cash in hand would be between 250-300k
    2. we have 1 more car (nissan sentra SS 98) but we don't want to sell it pa
    3. were 5 in the family, my mom wants a bigger car na but me and my dad would prefer another sedan, btw me and my dad work for the same company the other car would be use by my younger bro, the youngest in the family is 7
    4. our choices ar the ff: altis 01-02, civicEK 99-00 or the 01-02 model, lancer cedia, kia carnival, subaru forester, mitsu adventure, toyota revo, crosswindxt0
    5. were considering financing if the price would be above the budget which i think it will considering the choices

guys what would be your choice and y?...
    if we do financing thru car dealers what usually are their terms of payment?

thanx guys for your time in reading my story and advance thanx to your replies....

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by red_888 View Post
    guys need your help on buying a second hand car for our family...wiv just sold our lancer and here is the scenario

1. at the end of march cash in hand would be between 250-300k
    2. we have 1 more car (nissan sentra SS 98) but we don't want to sell it pa
    3. were 5 in the family, my mom wants a bigger car na but me and my dad would prefer another sedan, btw me and my dad work for the same company the other car would be use by my younger bro, the youngest in the family is 7
    4. our choices ar the ff: altis 01-02, civicEK 99-00 or the 01-02 model, lancer cedia, kia carnival, subaru forester, mitsu adventure, toyota revo, crosswindxt0
    5. were considering financing if the price would be above the budget which i think it will considering the choices

guys what would be your choice and y?...
    if we do financing thru car dealers what usually are their terms of payment?

thanx guys for your time in reading my story and advance thanx to your replies....
    How about a brand new avanza J?

Brand new costs 582,000 * 50% downpayment (291,000) and 3 years to amortize that would amount to more or less 9,975 per month.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wer also considering avanza sir.... ok lang ba ang 1.3 for that size?...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    try to check out the Avanza threads in the forum.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanx sir....guys more suggestions....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for a Kia Carnival... it has a lot of room, a proven CRDi engine and a very compliant ride.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    kia carnival/sedona........ car like ride very very spacious, roomy, nice engine w/dvd cd player and LCD:2thumbsup:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For a van, I'd also go with the Carnival if you can find a well-maintained unit. For a sedan, I'd say the Altis.

I'm just a bit confused about you mentioning your younger bro also using the car. When you say he's gonna use it, do you mean ipanghahatid iyon sa kanya sa school or sa extra-co activities niya? Or do you mean dapat pangmatagalan yung second car, until he'll be old enough to drive it?
    Last edited by IMm29; March 7th, 2007 at 04:33 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    [QUOTE=IMm29;768270]
    QUOTE]

For a van, I'd also go with the Carnival if you can find a well-maintained unit. For a sedan, I'd say the Altis.

I'm just a bit confused about you mentioning your younger bro also using the car. When you say he's gonna use it, do you mean ipanghahatid iyon sa kanya sa school or sa extra-co activities niya? Or do you mean dapat pangmatagalan yung second car, until he'll be old enough to drive it?
    sorry sir what i mean on that is gonna be use by the one younger by me we are 3 boys and the one im talking is the middle...

thanx guys for the suggestions... right now wer considering the carnival and the altis...but if ever we prefer a brand new unit i think avanza would be ok?...1.3 will do?....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ah i see. Anyhow, the carnival is perhaps the best compromise for everyone. It's a van, so it can load 7 persons or some big cargo items, or a combination of both. Though it's a van, it rides/drives like a car, so it's not as bulky to drive as perhaps other bread vans, and it's not unpleasant to be in, even if you're alone. Downside, it will still take some getting used to compared to your Sentra, Lancer, Altis and Avanza. But then, that's an adjustment you'll just have to make for it.

The Altis, though more spacious than your Sentra and Lancer, is still a car. It's easy to drive, but not as spacious as the Carnival. Perhaps it could fit all 5 of you, but on long drives, and maybe when your bros grow up some more, it could get tight ;)

If you could, I'd rather you got the 1.5L. Baka pag napuno na yung 1.3L, mahirapan sa akyatan. Not exactly sure about its capacity tho. You can check the performance feedback on the 'Avanza' thread.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help In Choosing On What's The Best And Right Car