New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Guys, im planning to buy a car (newbie here), which is better a 1996 1.6 Nissan sentra super saloon (all power) with 102 thou Km (priced at 176K) or a 1994 1.3 Toyota Corolla XL (powerless) (priced at 132K)..

Which is more maintenance prone between the two?

OK lang po ba ang automatic kahit 10 years old n ang car?

Thanks guys..

ok naman, if and only if maalaga ung 1st owner...otherwise, get a manual.

the more accessories, the more to maintain...in short a basic model will just need basic maintenance...

but hey, di naman sabay-sabay masira ang piyesa...and masmaraming creature comforts...un nga lang, madaming pwedeng masira and all-power/top-of-the-line model compared to a base model...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ang problema pala eh ang 1.6 only gets 7 KM/liter, magastos un di ba?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Not all 1.6 cars get 7 km/liter. Some can do 8-9, depending on the car model and condition. The more efficient ones are Corollas, VTEC Civics and Lancers. Your driving style also plays a major factor.

At 176K, you can already get a 94 Corolla GLi. It may be 2 years older than the Sentra, but for me, it's the better car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ads Not Allowed!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    winkydimps, PM mo na lang si strydent. ;)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    all ads have been deleted.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    BTW... at over 100,000 km each, both cars are pretty well used... my advice is to get the one that is in better condition mechanically. Di lang basta't Corolla okay na, as I've seen quite a few 93-95's with blown engines due to improper use.

I'd suggest bringing a mechanically inclined friend (or better yet, a mechanic) to evaluate each car first.

Another factor... the 1.6 Super Saloon is EFI, while the 1.3 XL is carburated. A good condition 1.6 EFI will have similar consumption to a poor condition carburated car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

help with choosing the right car