New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Magandang araw mga tsikoteers !!!
    Pls. help me to choose the best 2nd hand car to be used in everyday work,i am choosing from the following cars i've seen for sale, 91 Lancer GTI 1.4 all power *80k(semi pormado), 97 Kia pride 1.3 not power stering *85K, 97 Mazda 323 1.6 all power *85k[semi pormado), 93 Nissan ECCS 1.6 all power *85k, 92 Nissan ECCS 1.6 all power * 95k(full pormado) lahat naman po yan ay in good running condition, alin kaya sa 5 cars na yan ang best buy considering the fuel efficiency, durabilty, spare parts availabilty at nice ride

maraming salamat in advance mga tsikoteers !!!

Hope to hear your advice soon !!!

Erick

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Siguro Mazda 323 na lang since yan pinaka-bago sa lahat...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion sir,MAzda pinaka bago at 1997 same with Kia pro mazda is all power,so mas ok sya, worry ko lang is 1.6 yung Mazda di kaya malakas ang fuel consumption nya compares to other 1.6 cars ???

Thank you

Erick

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm with tidus, but pwede ka ba magdagdag sa budget mo to get at least mga '98-'00 models?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ang maximum budget ko lang kse is maximum of 110k, kaya hirap na makahanap ng mas mataas pang model.

Tnx. shadow

erick

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    why dont you try toyota na small body, ang price nya is 90-110k. mas reliable pa kesa sa mga choices mo..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe you can consider the late 80's AE89 Toyota Corolla with 1.6L 16v 4AF carb engine?

It's relatively cheap to buy with a lot of units still running on the road or being sold in very good working order. Parts are cheap and available. Engine might be carburated but any mechanic worth his salt would know how to fix any problems. Even an engine swap would be cheap and quick to do in this car. Lightweight body means it's possible to get decent fuel mileage figures if you drive light and maintain the car well. Just avoid doing go-fast mods because going fast also means increased fuel consumption.

The only major faults on this car is lack of power steering and somewhat weak factory aircon. Some people have retrofitted power steering into their AE89s so do check the quality of work if such an upgrade was done.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    biased ako.
    dun ako sa lancer GTi..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Get the Mazda. Familia body na gen2 na ata yan. Kase wala naman 1.6L na gen1 na lumabas ng 97. Lahat 1.3L all power LX variant lang.

Since you'll be getting it at 85 and your budget is 110K max. You'kk have some budget for repairs which is unavoidable upon getting a used car. I have nothing against the AE92 or b13 Sentras (btw, it's my favorite car) but they are darn too old and repairs needed are maybe, if not surely, more than the Mazda.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Get the Mazda. Familia body na gen2 na ata yan. Kase wala naman 1.6L na gen1 na lumabas ng 97. Lahat 1.3L all power LX variant lang.

Since you'll be getting it at 85 and your budget is 110K max. You'kk have some budget for repairs which is unavoidable upon getting a used car. I have nothing against the AE92 or b13 Sentras (btw, it's my favorite car) but they are darn too old and repairs needed are maybe, if not surely, more than the Mazda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast