New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Been reading here, find myself confused what to buy, with a 300 - 330k budget I can avail a honda city 2009 or 2010
    also can avail a vios 20011 or with luck 2013.
    some say honda city are more efficient in terms of fc, others says go with the newer model vios 2012 higher.
    putting maintenance in the equation, which will be a better choice? thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolnoobie View Post
    Been reading here, find myself confused what to buy, with a 300 - 330k budget I can avail a honda city 2009 or 2010
    some say honda city are more efficient in terms of fc, others says go with the newer model vios 2012 higher.
    So far, what you've read is correct.
    I am a Grab Operator (16cars), 25yrs in transportation business, I've had almost all models of Vios and personally owned a 2009 City.

FC: Vios' FC is horrible, 2nd worst in my book (worst is Ford Fiesta). City is in the middle in terms of FC.

Maintenance cost/Durability/Reliability: Vios beats City. But, it does not mean that maintaining a Vios is the cheapest. Rack n pinion of Vios will take you 30k+, stab link 1800 (orig) / 850 replacement, radiator fan assembly P5, 600...These are the common problems of Vios Gen 3. Vios a/c is not as good as City's. I replaced the wheel bearing hub of my City... P35 (orig)

My wife's car is a 2013 Altis... Safer, bigger, worse FC vs Vios (smaller engine) ...

Buy a car based on what you value most, based on what is important to you. You can't have it all you know.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Very well said 'SidCoronel'

"Buy a car based on what you value most, based on what is important to you. You can't have it all you know"

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    So far, what you've read is correct.
    I am a Grab Operator (16cars), 25yrs in transportation business, I've had almost all models of Vios and personally owned a 2009 City.

FC: Vios' FC is horrible, 2nd worst in my book (worst is Ford Fiesta). City is in the middle in terms of FC.

Maintenance cost/Durability/Reliability: Vios beats City. But, it does not mean that maintaining a Vios is the cheapest. Rack n pinion of Vios will take you 30k+, stab link 1800 (orig) / 850 replacement, radiator fan assembly P5, 600...These are the common problems of Vios Gen 3. Vios a/c is not as good as City's. I replaced the wheel bearing hub of my City... P35 (orig)

My wife's car is a 2013 Altis... Safer, bigger, worse FC vs Vios (smaller engine) ...

Buy a car based on what you value most, based on what is important to you. You can't have it all you know.
    thanks for the detailed input sir, Yung bibilhin ko kasi will be used for a long time, kaya yung iniisip ko is to go with a newer model na swak sa budget ko, pero if the Vios' FC is really horrible mukhang mas prefer ko na ang city.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    thanks for the detailed input sir, Yung bibilhin ko kasi will be used for a long time, kaya yung iniisip ko is to go with a newer model na swak sa budget ko, pero if the Vios' FC is really horrible mukhang mas prefer ko na ang city.
    Everything else equal... A newer model offers lesser headaches and higher resale value... Higher cash out too.

6. Join Date
    May 2019
    i need Camry for my driver where i can buy have you any idea

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by edward321 View Post
    buy camry philippines

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Are gonna drive it everyday? If not, fc between the two should be irrelevant. If yes, how far? If it's a short drive, fc between the two shouldn't be a big factor.

The're be both reliable vehicles and parts should be closely comparable in costs. Get the one that you like more to drive (handling and ergonomics wise), and consider outside aesthetics as well.

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave24/7 View Post
    Are gonna drive it everyday? If not, fc between the two should be irrelevant. If yes, how far? If it's a short drive, fc between the two shouldn't be a big factor.

The're be both reliable vehicles and parts should be closely comparable in costs. Get the one that you like more to drive (handling and ergonomics wise), and consider outside aesthetics as well.
    Hi! Any recommendation po between these two? kasi dalawa lang po ang choice ko so far, 1st is a 2009-2012 model Honda City and 2014 up na Mirage G4. Our current budget is 300k-350k. It will not be used as an everyday vehicle po, siguro 2 or 3 times a week lang and most of the time 2 or 3 na sakay lang po including me, occasional long trips with 5 persons. Thank you so much for your feedback

10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by edward321 View Post
    Lucky driver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast