New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mag-2nd hand ka na lang. buying a brand new altis wont do any good with your road image anyway. nobody will dare give you a 2nd look for such an old design.

but that is only if you value image more ... then again if you dont, you automatically lose 50% of it's value na din naman eh hehehe. even if you use a brand new altis for over a year and give a premium price when you decide to resell it. babagsak din presyo nyan near sa 2nd hand altis. coz, in a year's time dami na naman bago sedans na pagpipilian. investment-wise, wala din. suwerte lang makakabili ng almost new altis mo.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually, The Altis only loses 30% of its value over three years (if you believe the secondhand prices), and it won't experience a radical depreciation until the new Corolla comes in, sometime in 2008 or 2009 (if they really hate us... ).

Still, there's not much that can go wrong with a secondhand 03 or 04 model, as long as it's been cared for.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, The Altis only loses 30% of its value over three years (if you believe the secondhand prices), and it won't experience a radical depreciation until the new Corolla comes in, sometime in 2008 or 2009 (if they really hate us... ).

Still, there's not much that can go wrong with a secondhand 03 or 04 model, as long as it's been cared for.
    *niky, sa listing price oo, taas resale value. pero you know naman mga pinoys, kung tumawad 6-digits kagad hahaha i'm sure mag-add pa ng 10%-20% ng discount yan.

cars today are like cellphones. oversupply whether bnew or used. so many options for the smart buyer.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hey, thanks for all of the valuable input...

Actually, my mind *was* pretty much set on getting a 2nd hand altis instead of a bnew one based on the good feedback on this car that I've read on this forum. It wasn't until Toyota came up with their promos recently (low DP, discounts, raffle, etc) that I have started to consider getting a brand new unit; partly due to the incessant bugging of their sales rep. Their promo ends this month.

However, I'm still not fully decided yet, so please still keep the input coming...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sa akin po brand new. there's nothing like a brand spanking new car! but i'm the type who keeps a car for a really long time.

if you are planning to sell it anyway in the near future 2-3yrs or when a newer model comes, go with fresh-low mileage, accident free, most recent 2nd hand car.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a good point. A secondhand car will only decrease slightly in value as time goes by, and in some cases, you can use it for six months and still sell it for more (if you're a wise buyer and a clever seller).

If you're planning on having the car for keeps, brand new isn't a bad idea.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    brand new if you're going to hold on to it..
    Last edited by mrpink; August 23rd, 2006 at 06:55 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    a lot of us naman are buying cars as if we're keeping the vehicle for life.

but the marketing of a new model year car, cant resist .... hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Kung ako, I'll get the brand-new 1.8G Altis, or at least get a secondhand 2006 version (if meron kang makita).

The top spec is loaded with features not found on the 02-05. Or better yet, wait for the next gen. You might want to stick with Toyota for now hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hi Guys...

Thanks again for the input. I ended up buying a brand new Altis 1.6G. Got at least 60K in discounts plus freebies (rain gutter, rear visor & the usual stuff). Good deal in my opinion...

I was out-voted by my in-laws and wife in buying a 2nd hand unit... So, here I am, a proud owner of a brand new Altis.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Help: Brand new vs 2nd hand Altis