New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hello Guys!!

Need some help.

My budget is around 3M and cant decide up until now (after weeks of research) whether to get the BM or the MB.

Please help and thanks in advance for your input!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The MB C-class has just updated with their mid life cycle, best time to buy a c-class. (but looks are "aged" fashioned)
    -the ride is very comfortable.

The 3 series is better looking but would have a generation change in 2012
    -i suggest go for the C because it just updated or wait for the new generation 3 in early or mid 2012

*the 3, A4 and IS will soon have its end cycle model change

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by audiomd View Post
    Hello Guys!!

Need some help.

My budget is around 3M and cant decide up until now (after weeks of research) whether to get the BM or the MB.

Please help and thanks in advance for your input!!
    I would go with the Merc. Although it rides softer than the BMW, it still has enough performance than you would want.

Having test driven the C,E & S vs the 3,5 & 7 in a single day, I would choose the BMW if I would want to prove my driving skills but I would still go home with the Merc because it is a much better overall car to drive on a daily basis.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The 3-Series is very old already, having been launched here in 2005 and the new model is coming soon though if you are OK with that the diesel version is still very impressive. The Merc is more targeted towards the older, more sedate group so I'm not very inclined towards it. You may also consider the Audi A4 for more individuality.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The 3-Series is very old already, having been launched here in 2005 and the new model is coming soon though if you are OK with that the diesel version is still very impressive. The Merc is more targeted towards the older, more sedate group so I'm not very inclined towards it. You may also consider the Audi A4 for more individuality.
    The a4 will soon have its mid cycle replacement, not worth it to buy now...
    If you could wait for the new 3 and a4

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

I dont think it's an accurate description. More matured taste in luxury cars would be more accurate.

Audi A4 for individuality? A car that looks pretty much like a pressed business suit in a board meeting. In doubt "individuality" is the right term.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm~ exclusivity should be a more appropriate term, since there are indeed fewer A4's on the streets than the more common C-Class and 3-Series. For me, the A4 seems to exude more of an intelligent and successful high level young executive/businessman feel than the other two as well as a more respectable image.

Chedeng: the best for somebody who wants a luxury car with a more "classic" look with some technical refinements. I just don't like too much its Kompressor superchargers, nowadays a turbo is a better option as far as fuel-efficiency goes. Even the turbo-lag is less noticeable than it was until some years ago...

BMW: it's more "sporty", I like its straight-6 engines more than any V6.

Audi: I would only consider to buy one if it was a TDI.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    If you have a driver buy the MB but if you enjoy driving get the BMW diesel.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    If you have a driver buy the MB but if you enjoy driving get the BMW diesel.
    +100, hehe

I love RWD cars and BMW is one of the best!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast