New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    If you really wanna have the cheapest maintenance/fuel economy you can get an innova or a crosswind.
    If neither of those two cars have any appeal for you, a previous generation tucson diesel (dont go to the casa anymore) or a previous generation diesel sorento are your best bets.
    Escape is a good choice but it hovers at around 6-8km/l, but you can get an almost new model for 600k

Does it really have to be an SUV? You can get a new Vios, previous gen. accent diesel, or a focus diesel. All 3 of these cars will consume far less than any SUV mentioned above and will cost much less to maintain (except the focus. but that makes it up with stunning fuel economy)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    get the Xtrail or Rav4, pero habol mo mas bago makukuha mo mas malaki chance dun sa xtrail dahil sa resale value mababa and kung reliablity un issue almost same lang yan nasa pag-aalaga na yan, sympre kunin mo mas fresh na unit, performance between sa 2 Xtrail wins

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My own opinion lang po..
    kuha ka ng 1st gen crdi tucson model. Believe me di ka magsisi. May power and speed cia na di ka basta basta mapahiya, fuel economy far better than escape or RAV 4. napakamura lang ng maintenance outside casa. Ingat lang sa pag pili baka flood victim. Happy hunting.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ano bang power iniisip mo? Will you haul something?

I think di naman nagkakalayo ang xtrail at rav4 sa fuel economy... I'd rather pick the tucson, huwag ka na lang magpa-maintenance sa casa..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydelion View Post
    What are the reasons why you go for Rav4 among the choices?

I just read about Rav4 and Xtrail comparisons and they said Rav4 is much more durable? I really don't want to bring a car to service center frequently just because it has a problem and I have to spend extra money for it.

From the choices, proven na kasi spare parts and durability ng rav 4. Sa spare parts ng Nissan lagi buong assembly unlike sa rav 4 na pwede na palitan kung bushing lang ang problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    Hi Sir, have you own a Ford vehicle? I own both 2009 and 2010 Escape/CRV. I find the CRV parts much expensive than Escape regardless if the parts are from banawe or casa. Maybe you're referring to US made ford vehicles like the old explorer and expedition. Mahal talaga mya pyesa nun.

On topic:
    Cross out the X-Trail and RAV4 sir. They are both gas guzzler. Perhaps a 1st gen Tucson is qualified on your price range and criteria. Just look for a pristine condition. Good luck!
    Sa Ford kasi I've seen a friends escape spend more than 100k sa suspension, and some parts sa engine. If you ask me, medyo mabigat Para sa bulsa ko. Aside from that, from different mechanics and shop owners, medyo hirap sila sa Ford. I would rather get a car na mas familiar mga mechanics in the long run.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi, pm me. My sister is selling her 09 xtrail 4x4 250 variant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12