New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    We're planning on buying a second hand pick-up. Can you guys give us inputs on what to choose..hilux, L200, mazda or ford ranger. In terms of ride, efficiency, economical aspects and maintenance/parts costs. We were planning on the ford ranger but the maintenance and parts might be costly.

Any advise?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by piyas View Post
    We're planning on buying a second hand pick-up. Can you guys give us inputs on what to choose..hilux, L200, mazda or ford ranger. In terms of ride, efficiency, economical aspects and maintenance/parts costs. We were planning on the ford ranger but the maintenance and parts might be costly.

Any advise?
    I'm very biased against American cars,They don't last and very troublesome.If you wan reliability get a japaneese pickup.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    in terms of cost of maintenance i guess almost all vehicle are the same... it varies only with regards to parts and its availability... its up to you which vehicle you really wanted... there are dealership/seller offers to test drive their vehicle... try driving them... and i guess your a married man, try to let your wife have a say on the vehicle your goin to purchase... okay...

since your getting a second hand, make sure all the documentations are in order...
    the vehicle itself is in good or better yet in excellent condition... but i doubt you can find one since its a pickup... (hinaharabas kasi mga ganoon na sasakyan unlike car) good luck in finding one...

buying a car is a major decision it involves a considerable amount of money... so be wise and responsible... (whag magpaloko okay)
    Last edited by chuaed; August 21st, 2006 at 05:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    I'm very biased against American cars,They don't last and very troublesome.If you wan reliability get a japaneese pickup.
    Funny you should say that since I have had my 1 yr old Nissan Xterra(based on the Frontier) at the dealer for almost all of August and they can't figure out the problem why the warning lights for the stability control(VDC) and slip(ABLS) keep coming on. They called Nissan Tech already and they still can't fix it, we are now going to change the wiring harness and see if it works. So just because it's made by the Japanese doesn't make it more reliable it just seems like it, just look at Toyota with all their recalls now.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just bought a ranger trekker 04. Okay naman siya, malakas ang makina. I pul almost 4000 kms since I bought it no problems so far. Medyo malakas lang sa crudo 7.8 to 8 km/l city. I guess it is the best value 2nd hand pickup in the market.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    try looking for a fuego.. the last models that went out were upgraded... meron din the very last lumabas, 4x4 ang dating but 4x2 lng with a 2.8 hi-charge turbo engine.... matipid din sa diesel... parang crosswind lang ang consumption... or get a 2nd hand dmax.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Ford Ranger is also a Mazda pick up wearing different badges. So expect maintenance to be similar to the Mazda's unless you plan on having the maintenance done at the dealership ($$$).

The Toyota should have the inherent quality associated with Toyotas. But older Hiluxes (before the current one) have the smallest beds and cabins in their class. Both you and your cargo will be cramped.

The L200, IMHO, has the least punishing ride. And finding parts and services doesn't get any easier with the 4d56 engine. Kahit sa palengke may piyesa iyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post
    i think all of them are Japanese.

Mazda-Ford pick-ups.

among the choices, i like the Ranger. it ages gracefully.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Ranger Trekker is the most powerful in the 4x2 class.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    [QUOTE=OTEP;621458]The Ranger Trekker is the most powerful in the 4x2 class. [/QUOTE

I agree, because you're buying a second hand pick up. anticipate the need to change some parts soon. Depending on how old the pick up is. The odometer is not a reliable indicator of how old is the pick up either(they can be altered). Mitsubishi parts are everywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP: 2nd Hand Pick-up Comparisson